Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > Community Support - NSR
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Support - NSR Discuss Walk for Darfur in the Main forums forums; A dear friend of mine, Donna Nichols, is participating in a fundraiser for the people of Darfur. I'm sure ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2009, 08:18 PM
Administrator

Default Walk for Darfur

A dear friend of mine, Donna Nichols, is participating in a fundraiser for the people of Darfur.

I'm sure that she'll blow through her very modest goal because I got the email yesterday and she's already more than 1/2 way there! You can support her efforts by donating here: https://www.kintera.org/faf/donorReg...upId=249095366

Thanks for helping! All the best,

Mark

PS... Donna is amazing spine patient, Bradley Leighton's wife. Read his story here: Bradley's story

Quote:
Originally Posted by email from Donna
Dear Mark,

On March 29th, 2009 I, along with thousands of other concerned participants, will be walking between 2 and 4 miles in De Anza Cove in Mission Bay Park in San Diego, to raise awareness and much needed funds to benefit the women and children who have been victims of the ongoing violence in the Darfur region of Sudan. Yes, I know there are causes here at home and I support those as well, I think you know that. This is another one that's important to me too.

In addition to registering for this event, I have committed to raising money for this important cause. Money raised will be sent to the American Jewish World Service (AJWS). Since 2004, AJWS has been providing humanitarian aid and engaging in U.S.-based education and advocacy to end the crisis in Darfur. The money raised by the walk will be used specificially to benefit women and children affected by the genocide in Darfur.

I urge you to research current situation in Darfur and the efforts of the American Jewish World Service. Please check out these two websites:

American Jewish World Service
http://www.savedarfur.org/

And if you are moved to act now, as I was, then I hope you'll support me in the 2nd San Diego Walk For Darfur by making a donation on my personal donation page! Follow This Link to visit my personal web page and help me in my efforts to support San Diego Walk for Darfur c/o American Jewish World Service.

Please also consider walking with me and my friend Shelly Annan. You can check out the website and register for the Walk at:

2nd San Diego Walk for Darfur - Home Look for "Team Annan."

Thank you for your support. And thanks, in advance, for taking the time to research and educate yourself about the issues in the Darfur region.

With Wishes for Peace on Earth,

Donna
Some email systems do not support the use of links and therefore this link may not appear to work. If so, copy and paste the following into your browser:
2nd San Diego Walk for Darfur - General Donation

AJWS's mission is to alleviate poverty, hunger and disease among poor people in developing countries regardless of race, religion or nationality. Through grants to grassroots organizations, volunteer service, advocacy and education, AJWS fosters civil society, sustainable development and human rights for all people, while promoting the values and responsibility of global citizenship within the Jewish community.

All donations are tax deductible to the full extent of the law; the American Jewish World Service (AJWS) has received tax exempt status as a publicly supported organization as provided by the Internal Revenue Code under section 501(c) (3) and the California Revenue and Taxation Code Section 23701 (d). For the seventh straight year in a row, AJWS is the recipient of a four-star rating from Charity Navigator in recognition of their excellent record of fiscal responsibility. They also have an "A" rating from the American Institute of Philanthropy. The AJWS is also a BBB Accredited Charity.
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org