ISPINE.ORG Forum

ISPINE.ORG Forum (http://www.ispine.org/forum/)
-   Community Support - NSR (http://www.ispine.org/forum/community-support-nsr/)
-   -   Kneel Replacement (http://www.ispine.org/forum/community-support-nsr/2045-kneel-replacement.html)

teg 04-02-2011 09:05 PM

Kneel Replacement

Hey everyone,

I have not been around in quite some time and find myself at your mercy. on a positive not, my 3-level prodisc procedure has done very well. I am 8-years post-op and have not complaints.

The respon for my post is that I find myself facing knee replacement surgery and in need of advice. Is there anyone out there who has some experience with this? I have small knowledge of the Zimmer and Depuy hardware (avoid at all costs), but am unsure of th rest.

I hope that my post is now inapproprite. I would be so gratefule for an inut.

Best regards,
Thelma

jsewell 04-03-2011 02:27 AM

Hi i have no experience with knee replacement, but did have a hip replacement in 2008. It is great., While going through all that from the first day i found out i needed one i joined this wonderful group at Bonesmart.org. Go in and join the forum, you will find more info than you thuoght possible.
i do know the first thing you will be told is first find a great surgeon , he or she needs to use the implant of their choice for the best outcome. The moderator is a nurse with over a zillion years in the knee replacement field and had one herself recently. She has been working in it since its infancy. Can't say enough good about josephine.
Good luck
judy

ps it was easier than my back surgeries that is for sure.

Maria 04-04-2011 03:09 PM

knee replacement

Hi Thelma,
So glad to hear your 3 level ADR worked out so well for you! Seems hard to believe I was contemplating ADR surgery back during that time. Life moves on..

Re knee replacement~ I have no experience w/this although can refer you to a forum where there's a member who just had knee replacement surgery and her husband had it a bit before her and is recovering wonderfully.

www.backpainsupporgroup.com

Ask for Stormy. I'm sure she'd be happy to respond and "tell it like it is" as she does not mince words by any means.

Good luck w/upcoming knee replacement. Seems to have a good outcome overall from most of what I've read. Maria
"

teg 04-10-2011 05:26 PM

Thank You

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsewell (Post 14251)
Hi i have no experience with knee replacement, but did have a hip replacement in 2008. It is great., While going through all that from the first day i found out i needed one i joined this wonderful group at Bonesmart.org. Go in and join the forum, you will find more info than you thuoght possible.
i do know the first thing you will be told is first find a great surgeon , he or she needs to use the implant of their choice for the best outcome. The moderator is a nurse with over a zillion years in the knee replacement field and had one herself recently. She has been working in it since its infancy. Can't say enough good about josephine.
Good luck
judy

ps it was easier than my back surgeries that is for sure.

Judy,
Thank you for the response and web site recommendation. It IS a great web site and will help in my pre and post op processes. Thanks again.
Thelma

teg 04-10-2011 05:27 PM

Hello Maria

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maria (Post 14255)
Hi Thelma,
So glad to hear your 3 level ADR worked out so well for you! Seems hard to believe I was contemplating ADR surgery back during that time. Life moves on..

Re knee replacement~ I have no experience w/this although can refer you to a forum where there's a member who just had knee replacement surgery and her husband had it a bit before her and is recovering wonderfully.

www.backpainsupporgroup.com

Ask for Stormy. I'm sure she'd be happy to respond and "tell it like it is" as she does not mince words by any means.

Good luck w/upcoming knee replacement. Seems to have a good outcome overall from most of what I've read. Maria
"

Hey Maria,
Thank you for the post and web site recommendation. I hope all is well with you.

Thelma

Maria 04-11-2011 04:41 PM

thanks

Thelma,
Spine wise I'm not really complaining but I have some other stuff going on which I posted about in other part of forum. I've been better in general and hope to be well again shortly though taking it day by day here.

Hope your knee replacement goes well. I hear from a lot of people that had them done they wish they had been able to have it done sooner.