ISPINE.ORG Forum

ISPINE.ORG Forum (http://www.ispine.org/forum/)
-   Community Support - NSR (http://www.ispine.org/forum/community-support-nsr/)
-   -   I am new here (http://www.ispine.org/forum/community-support-nsr/550-i-am-new-here.html)

4ptysak 11-15-2007 04:31 AM

I am new here

I had spinal surgery in 2002. I am now in pallitive care. Which is, I think, where they pat my head, up my dose of Vicodin and tell me to come back in 6 months. I don't have the money for a trip to Germany. What is available in this country? I live in Ohio. I see a bit of hope atlast. Peace. Ann

dshobbies 11-15-2007 07:02 PM

Hi Ann,

Welcome to the forum though I'm sorry your circumstances brought you here. You mentioned a spinal surgery in 2002 but didn't elaborate on either the surgery or your present day condition. Have you had a recent MRI?

Though the best doctors are in Germany you can get excellent care here too, however with companies refusing insurance coverage, it is twice the cost.

Please let us here more of your circumstances. Take care,
Dale

mmglobal 11-16-2007 11:08 AM

Ann, I'm sorry that you need ongoing pats on the head after your surgery. You still have a wide variety of options depending who you go see. As Dale said... please clue us in... what did you have done... ongoing symptoms...

Is it possible that that pats on the head are actually causing your symptoms... tell them to stop hitting you!

All the best... I hope you get some relief.

Mark

Maria 11-16-2007 02:25 PM

Head Pats

Hey Ann,
Welcome to the forum. I was once relegated to the "live with the pain" group as well without even the benefit of pain meds back in '92 after a second spine surgery that failed miserably. However in the last 9 years I've been offered 3 different surgical options (first 3 level global fusion, then 2 level ADR, then ADR and fusion/hybrid surgery) so there is progress in the making here (US) with time and more trials/FDA approval.

If you feel like it please share more detail and perhaps someone here can point you in a direction you might be able to take re doctors/medical centers.

4ptysak 11-16-2007 11:21 PM

Just a quickie

Thank you for the advise. NO MORE head pats. I will tell you as much as I can later tonight. I need to get supper ready now. I navigate rather well. I take Cimbalta, 90mgs, Lyrica, Celibrex, if I can tolerate it. And our old friend, Vicoden. I have been hospitalized for depression. Oh, yes, that was when the good Dr.s took me off of Fentenal patches. With out any detox help or supervision. I had been on the patches for about 3 years. Zoned me out very well. I am back in the real world and trying to cope with the pain and feelings of being on my own with this. More later. Ann

Maria 12-11-2007 07:58 PM

Hey Ann

How're you doing lately? Hope you've achieved a degree of consistancy in pain relief~

I have had a heck of a cold that involved much sneezing and coughing which I thought my back would never withstand and hopefully I'm coming out of it now so that the old spine can hang tough... tho I'm grateful as can be for the pain medication as otherwise I know I'd just be plain old bedbound~

Hope you're doing OK and wishing you a good holiday season~;) Maria