Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

iSpine Discuss My dinner with Andre... in the Main forums forums; ... or my breakfast with Bertagnoli! I had the opportunity to spend a few hours with Dr. Bertagnoli this morning. This ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2006, 10:09 AM
Administrator

Default My dinner with Andre...

... or my breakfast with Bertagnoli!

I had the opportunity to spend a few hours with Dr. Bertagnoli this morning. This was one of the more interesting discussions, as I've been involved with some very different cases lately.

Of special interest to the community here will be the discussion on Neurography. He's been recommending MRN for some difficult cases and considers it another useful tool in the arsenal.

We had a very lengthy conversation about difficult reconstruction cases. Spines that have been fused in poor configurations, how they are rebuilt, chances of success, etc... We reviewed some current cases and his background in structural engineering shone through. I was a bit dense in understanding his application of a halo, so he got behind me and picked me up by my head. I then understood (and the neuro sensations in my face subsided as he applied such great traction.)

Discitis, failed surgeries and successes/failures in revising them is always interesting. He's also very interested in my contacts with the patient community and wants to know about the patients I keep up with.

We also got to cover some new technologies, especially AXIALIF fusions. We'll meet a failed AXIALIF fusion patient at Zeegers party on Sunday. I also have heard about modified / enhanced AXIALIF techniques from another surgeon I've been talking to.

ProDisc training is in full swing in the US. Synthes is rolling it out slowly and carefully. They seem to be intent on doing the exact opposite of what DePuy did with Charite.
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org
Old 11-18-2006, 01:21 PM

i only have one thing to say Doctor Bertagnoli ROCKS. !!!
and as a matter a fact i just sent pro-spine a email saying so.
chuck
facet block neg
lost all appeals BCBS 5 months of that
3 surgeons later
surgery with dr. bertagnoli aug 2nd 2006 in Bogen Germany Successfully ProDisc-L L-4 L-5