Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss c5-6 c3-4 severe herniation with other issues on c4-5 and c6-7 35 yr old male in the Main forums forums; I am a 35 year old male, who has been suffering from herniation the past 15 years of his life. ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2018, 09:00 PM

Default c5-6 c3-4 severe herniation with other issues on c4-5 and c6-7 35 yr old male

I am a 35 year old male, who has been suffering from herniation the past 15 years of his life. Finally , I came to the conclusion this past year that the conservative treatments are not working well to take away the everyday pain and accept the fact that my situation is getting worse without some type of real intervention.
As a background till my injury during a table tennis training i was very active male. And as years passed by the situation just deteriorated and i am in a situation where i have to consider possible neck pain when i jog or do any type of physical activity. I have had 3 MRI s done, the last one very recently and when I looked at the images and the report I am convinced this is not going to get better by itself and i need to get surgery done. I have scheduled to talk to my doctor next week but probably the options would be the same as before fusion or ADR 1 or 2 discs.
I have done some research and some doctors visits afterwards i am also convinced that I should get the ADR done instead of fusion at all costs as i believe the benefits are there . I have also been told that i have DDD and I am afraid that since all most of the discs are already have some type of damage other than the ones that need the surgery a fusion would just trigger more fusions. Most of my problems are severe neck and back pain 9/10 pain scale, when a bad move triggers it and could last upto 2 months of immobility which makes me scared to do anything. I would like to understand if people whose biggest concern was the pain around the neck and shoulder blades which come more like a strong lightning bolt kinda electric shock in my case and traumatize all my muscles in neck and right shoulder blade to arm pits area have seen relief with ADR surgeries. I would appreciate the inputs.