ISPINE.ORG Forum

ISPINE.ORG Forum (http://www.ispine.org/forum/)
-   iSpine (http://www.ispine.org/forum/ispine/)
-   -   Hi New Guy on this site! (http://www.ispine.org/forum/ispine/1161-hi-new-guy-site.html)

Gil Denis 11-23-2008 07:14 PM

Hi New Guy on this site!

Hello , Back friends I am new to this site but not new to back problems .
Here is a brief history. It all began sometime in 1993 with saciata in left leg. Laminectomy 1994 L5-S1left side Diagnosed with DDD 2000, P.T. Dose pack, Bextra, meloxciam, Piroxicam all little help, Decompression theraphy, Pilates Helped.
Skipping to the present,L2 to L5 DDD,L3 -L4 herination Dec 2007, Annular fissure At L4-L5 with mild central stenosis and moderate facet hypertrophy. L5-S1 bilaterial neural foraminal narrowing with inferior effacement,Right-sided neural foraminal narrowing at L2-l3 and L3-L4 related to posterolateral hypertrophic spurs and facet hypertrophy.
O.K i think you get the picture P.T. 13 months Three dose packs, now rolfing. Leg pain solid right,sometimes left MRI on friday for neck issues hope that goes better. What do you all think? suggested fusion L5-S1 NEVER,Would like ADR,

I Have leg pain solid left sometimes right :o

Thanks for your help:eek:

Gil Denis

mmglobal 11-29-2008 08:08 PM

Gil,

Welcome to the forum. I hope you don't mind, I moved your post to its own thread.

That's a lot of DDD and a long history.

Did you get the cervical MRI?

Talk to you soon... all the best,

Mark

Maria 11-30-2008 02:07 PM

new guy

Welcome,
Your spine history is almost as long as mine. Just wondering how many surgical opinions you've gotten to date? I've had about 7 tho none in the last several years where no doubt there are continuing changes that might have changed what could be offered to me currently.

2000 offered 3 level global fusion
2003 offered 2 level ADR
2006 offered Hybrid surgery with ADR at L4 and fusion at L5S1

Options sometimes depend on timing. Wishing you all the best with your surgical pursuits and hope that whatever you do there will be less pain in your life;)

Eddie G 12-01-2008 01:09 AM

Hi Gil,

Just my opinion but I would choose ADR over fusion too, but the L5-S1 isnt the worst place to have a fusion. I have a Prodisc at L4-L5 and I am currently recovering from L5-S1 ant./pos. fusion last week. It's too early for me to tell you how the fusion worked out, but I would never have gotten a fusion at L4-L5. I fought tooth & nail for L4-L5 ADR in 2006, but a fusion at L5-S1 is not bad.

Hope you find the right treatment for you. Dont let those insurance co's push you around either. Their job is to save their company $$$ and to try to make your life miserable so give their crap right back to them.

Welcome to the site. You'll find ALOT of people here in the same boat as you....the friggin Titanic!!!!!

Gil Denis 12-01-2008 04:13 PM

MRI C Spine ok?

HI Mark

Thanks for moving my post. Yes i just had an MRI on my neck. the Dr said it looked great:( How ever I recieved my results and report, mild ddd at C-3 to C-4? No pain in my arms, no numbness,no tingle,No pain?
I will send all my stuff to you today. Did you get my Photo?

Thanks for everything

Gil

Gil Denis 12-05-2008 05:37 PM

surgical options

Hi Maria

I had two surgeons both to fuse L5-S1,with no comments on all other levels,one nero "there is nothing I can do for you,fusing is for broken backs,your back is not broken"One D.O. "we can do more injections at all levels and see what happens"?

Now what next:confused:

Thanks

Gil

Maria 12-07-2008 08:24 AM

sitting in the ortho's office

Where there are at least 7 doctors if not more practicing and I go to 3 of these currently, one for feet, one for neck, and one for back.

Ok, guy sitting somewhere near me has had 11 knee surgeries between both legs and said "they never do just one."

As I heard him say this that's exactly what I was thinking of spine surgery.

Later we briefly compared # of ortho related surgeries and he still won even tho I'd had surgery on all 5 toes on left foot!!!!

This man did say he'd never have back surgery (I say never say never)...