ISPINE.ORG Forum

ISPINE.ORG Forum (http://www.ispine.org/forum/)
-   iSpine (http://www.ispine.org/forum/ispine/)
-   -   Four level ADR? (http://www.ispine.org/forum/ispine/1170-four-level-adr.html)

Gil Denis 12-10-2008 03:38 PM

Four level ADR?

Hi.
I possibly need four level something? L2 to S1 Does anyone have experience with this situation? Sending information to Germany.

Thanks

Gil:confused:

dshobbies 12-10-2008 04:53 PM

Gil,

I was supposed to have 4 levels (1 fusion) in the US but Dr. B's discography revealed the fourth level was not a pain generator and only 3 levels were done. I am now having problems with that fourth level and wish it had been done. Though eager to have this surgery 3 years ago, it is not something I wish to repeat.

There's also 5 level Fred who at last reporting is doing fine.

As a footnote, I was not told prior to the discography that had I tested positive at that fourth level, Dr. B wanted to perform 2 surgeries, doing only 2 levels at a time. Since this was not the case, it was a mute point but I would not have been happy about it and is something you might want to investigate.

Whatever your decision, I wish you much luck, Dale

Maria 12-10-2008 08:53 PM

right route

Gil,
I think you're on the best investigative path/route with sending films to Germany. I don't know who does what here in the US of that magnitude other than fusions but perhaps the options will be much more viable abroad.
Please keep us posted~ and good luck, Maria

chasswen 12-10-2008 08:55 PM

dr. Bertagnoli @ pro-spine.com
has done tons of multi level replacements.
chuck

Gil Denis 12-13-2008 02:50 AM

Thanks for replys

Hi thanks for the replys, I have sent information to stenum, Dr B, and Dr Z, all wating for reply? I will keep you posted

Thanks Again :)

Gil:confused:

dshobbies 12-13-2008 04:41 PM

Gil,

Unfortunately you mentioned the Stenum hospital as a possible surgerical sight. The final decision is of course, yours to make but, if you followed the stories of these forums, they have had several bad outcomes, some pretty horrific. They also tend to leave their worst outcomes out in the cold to fend for themselves. They claim the reason is they'll take all cases, including other doctor's rejections and I believe they've also been known to skew their own statistics by omitting some of those cases. I have no personal experience with this hospital, it's just what I've been told and read, but was warned off myself, ultimately choosing Dr. B... even though Stenum talked a pretty picture. I'd stick with Dr.s B&Z. They have more experience than all other doctors, including difficult cases.

I am very grateful to all who pointed me in the right direction.

Good luck, Dale

Gil Denis 12-13-2008 10:31 PM

dishobbies I Know!

Hi
I know about Stenum! I sent my information then read all the stories:confused:
I also found GPS and feel better.Thank You So Much :)
Gil Denis.

Gil Denis 01-10-2009 02:01 AM

Update

Hi All

All information sent, new nerve test results nerve damage.Old MRI from 1994
Just wondering if the nerve damage is permanint or will it come back to normal. Could it get worse:eek:

Thanks for all your input.

Gil:)

dshobbies 01-10-2009 05:20 PM

The truth about nerves is no one really knows for sure. Nerves regenerate very, very slowly, if at all. I had nerve damage from my 1994 rupture that has now become permanant even though I had surgery within two weeks.

The nerve damage from my 2005 ADR continues to improve, albeit so slowly, I barely notice the improvement. My pm suggested B12 and accupuncture. Don't know about the B12 but the accupuncture helped immensely.

Good luck Gil, hope it all works out, Dale

wilsonrob 01-11-2009 06:42 PM

Nerve support formula

I have tried this for my many nerve problems. I do believe it is working. It cannot hurt to try it. It is a special type of B vitamin that is better absorbed by the body.

WSN Nerve Support Formula - Product Information for Neuropathy Treatment

Gil Denis 01-11-2009 10:04 PM

Thanks Rob

Hi Rob

Thanks for the information I Will try it.

A question for you? Would laser surgery help with my DDD L5-S1 ?
To relive nerve compression?

Thank You

Gil:)

Kathy 01-12-2009 01:56 AM

Also hear B vitamin for nerve damage

I was also told to take B vitamin for nerve damage. Within an hour of having my second daughter, my right thumb went numb and tingly. I asked my OB about it, and he didn't think much of it. Two weeks later, I saw my family dr. about it. He prescribed steroids for it; that didn't work either. He then put me on Lyrica for it, this has been the only thing to work. If I quit taking the Lyrica, my thumb goes numb. I was told it takes a year for a nerve to regenerate; but it has been 3 years and it still is numb. I have also had accupuncture, chiropractic, nerve conduction testing and more, nothing but the Lyrica helps. I haven't taken the extra B vitamin for it; but need to give it a try. I have heard B vitamin from more than one source, for nerve damage. Couldn't hurt anything to try it.
JMO, Kathy

wilsonrob 01-12-2009 12:45 PM

Laser surgery

Gil,

There is a lot of misinformation out there re laser surgery. The laser can ONLY be used for soft tissue (disc, scar tissue) NOT bone. Most of my surgeries were done to remove the stenotic bone so ronguers and drills were used.

Thanks