ISPINE.ORG Forum

ISPINE.ORG Forum (http://www.ispine.org/forum/)
-   iSpine (http://www.ispine.org/forum/ispine/)
-   -   Hot baths for joint pain (http://www.ispine.org/forum/ispine/1216-hot-baths-joint-pain.html)

New-disc 01-18-2009 06:43 PM

Hot baths for joint pain

Hello,

Just looking for imput....

Sitting in hot springs ? .... like the ones out in
(Yellow Stone Park.)

Is it good for pain?

Please feel free to add........

Todd

Gil Denis 01-18-2009 07:00 PM

Hot Pots

Hi Todd
If you took a soak in a hot pot in Yellowstone you would boil like a lobster.:D
the temp in those pools are 300 to 600 degrees.

As a hot tub it increases my inflamation, A short dip feels great but not to long.

I miss lobster, I used to fish for them with my cousin in Bath

See you soon fellow Mainer.

Gil:)

New-disc 01-18-2009 08:13 PM

Hot springs

Gil,

Do any of the resorts use ge-o hot spring water for bathing pools, or any other heating needs?

I'm hoping to spend some time in your State some day ....

Big snowstorm in Maine this weekend... :eek:

I believe Greenland has bathing hot springs that are a bit cooler. ;)

Todd

Kathy 01-18-2009 09:17 PM

I think in Hot Springs, Arkansas you can bathe in them. I am pretty sure that I was told there are lots of resorts there. The resorts are set up like spas. They actually bathe you in the springs, do hot stone massages, etc. I am not for sure on this; but am sure you could google it.

I will take 3 to 5 hot baths a day when my back is real bad. My friends make fun of how often I take baths. This is one thing that relaxs me. It doesn't alleviate the pain; but gives comfort. I will put either aromotherapy bubble bath stuff or Epson salt in it. My family dr said that the epson salt hels pull toxins out of the body; at least that's what I think he said was the reason to use it.

Cindylou 01-18-2009 11:50 PM

Yes, I have been to Hot Springs Arkansas years ago, and the baths are wonderful to plunge in. I'm a big bather like Kathy. It seems to be the only thing that transcends me to a better place. I know the ice is better for inflammation, but I also think the warmth just relaxes all the muscles and body parts. Cindylou

Terry Allen Blackburn 01-19-2009 12:19 AM

Ice is better for inflammation but, warmth is soothing for muscles and arthritic joints. I did bathe in actual Hot Springs in the Yellowstone River. In the river, there are hot springs that empty right in to it. If you know right where they are, they are quite soothing.

I also use a hot tub which is also quite soothing. Anything that helps us spiney's alleviate a little pain in our lives is worth a try.

Terry Newton

Justin 01-19-2009 12:47 AM

Count me in...I'm a fan of baths (or I should say my back is). When my wife and I were gutting the house we bought here in Philly, we went all out with bathroom redos.

We purchased a tub from Kohler called the "Tub for Two" or some nonsense like that. ;) It's awesome--I think it is a 6.5 ft tub--the thing is huge. We also put in a shower on the 2nd and 3rd floor that both have 2 shower heads and are 4 ft by 5 ft. I hope I never have to move again.

We probably will, as our first house was finally renovated and we moved to Philly. Oh well, I love doing a lot of the work. This Old House is the greatest show on earth!

By the way, we used to ski a lot in Colorado (Wolf Creek). Pagosa Springs was on the way home and it was great--close to 15 different "hot tubs" to choose from with varying temperatures. It was fun to try them all out.

We should do a Hot Springs Spiney meet up one day...good times!

Gil Denis 01-19-2009 01:03 AM

This old House

Dr J.

I am a builder contractor those Guys are great and full of useful tips.

I like a long hot shower followed by lots of stretching.

THEN SOME ICE:rolleyes:

New Disc. no in the park they do not.But they should.

Thanks

Gil:)