ISPINE.ORG Forum

ISPINE.ORG Forum (http://www.ispine.org/forum/)
-   iSpine (http://www.ispine.org/forum/ispine/)
-   -   Surgery Next Friday (http://www.ispine.org/forum/ispine/1259-surgery-next-friday.html)

Eastex 01-27-2009 10:50 PM

Surgery Next Friday

I got the call that I will be going under the knife next Friday. My pre-op is this Friday and I am scared s***less!! But, I need to remember that this is what I needed and wanted. I have decided on the fusion. I am scared of future facet probems. Please keep the ol' bald headed East Texan in your prayers and I really do appreciate all the advise that I have received here. I will update everyone when I am able. I am going to buy a fly-tying kit to keep my mind of work while I am off. When I have recovered, I can go catch crappie with what I have created. I will go crazy here doing nothing. Thank Yall for everythang. (thats east texan slang for more than one person!) he-he

SandyW 01-27-2009 11:14 PM

Greg,

I think you've made the right choice for your situation. Know it's been a long haul, but you're almost there.

I didn't read much on line before I went to Germany for my surgery, I had absolutely no fears. And you know it really wasn't that bad.

May God watch over you and your caretakers and provide your doctor with skilled hands. Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

And nothing wrong with bald heads. Trying to talk hubby into shaving, like Telly :D. In case you aren't old enough to remember the bald detective, like MJ or how about "Z" Go Cavs!

Good luck with the fly tying. Sandy

Kathy 01-28-2009 01:58 AM

I say ya'll too, it really is a Texas thing (or thang in Texas). I am going for my pre-op tomorrow in Florida and am scared that this is really happening. Funny how you want it so bad, fight for it, pray for it, and then it comes time to get it and you are scared to death. I just keep telling myself that it is for my good and the good of my family. I will keep you in my prayers and wish you the best, Kathy :)

phylly 01-28-2009 03:24 AM

Greg,
i wish you well. I may soon be following in your footsteps so please keep us posted on your recovery. You will do well even though this is a scary process. I am sure that you have good Drs. lined up for your care. Be Well.
Phylly

Cindylou 01-28-2009 03:09 PM

Greg, we are all pulling for you. I had a fusion on that level as well, so feel free to PM or ask me anything. You will do fine. You are in my thoughts and prayers. God bless!

Cindylou

dshobbies 01-28-2009 04:23 PM

Facing surgery, any surgery, is always a scary proposition but spinal surgery is especially difficult. As this week turns into just days, I suspect you'll be jumping out of your skin but that's one of the reasons why we're here. We're very adept at restuffing you, as often as you need it. For those of us who've had surgery, we got through it. For those of us who had difficult recoveries, we got through it... and so will you. You have every reason to believe in a great outcome and remember to breathe at all times:rolleyes:.

Also remember this, G-d made only a few perfect heads. On the rest he put hair!:D

I wish you the best, Dale

Eastex 01-28-2009 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dshobbies (Post 6170)
Facing surgery, any surgery, is always a scary proposition but spinal surgery is especially difficult. As this week turns into just days, I suspect you'll be jumping out of your skin but that's one of the reasons why we're here. We're very adept at restuffing you, as often as you need it. For those of us who've had surgery, we got through it. For those of us who had difficult recoveries, we got through it... and so will you. You have every reason to believe in a great outcome and remember to breathe at all times:rolleyes:.

Also remember this, G-d made only a few perfect heads. On the rest he put hair!:D

I wish you the best, Dale

I like that saying Dale. I will have to borrow that one from you. Once I started losing my hair, I said screw it and shaved it all. One of my concerns now is what is going to happen when it is bill time here. At work they have a new short time disability program that replaced our extended illness bank. I hope it pays enough. My 401K and insurance are going to be pulled from it while I am off. I don't like that. I am waiting to hear from HR to make sure how it all works. I never really paid attention to it before.

Maria 01-28-2009 05:19 PM

Wishing you the best

On your upcoming surgery and recovery! Good for you for stepping up to the plate:D

treefrog 01-28-2009 06:36 PM

Good luck, I will be pulling for you. I'm sure you are relieved to finally have a decision. You might be scared, but that is normal.

We are here for you.

mmglobal 01-28-2009 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eastex (Post 6141)
... and I am scared s***less!!

Sounds like good bowel prep.... That should give you an easier time post-op!

I'm looking forward to hearing of your easy time and excellent long-term success!

All the best,

Mark

Justin 01-29-2009 02:10 AM

Good luck Eastex!

Nairek 01-29-2009 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmglobal (Post 6192)
Sounds like good bowel prep.... That should give you an easier time post-op!

I'm looking forward to hearing of your easy time and excellent long-term success!

All the best,

Mark

Nice Mark! LOL I was scared sh&%less myself when I had my fusion last week. It did nothing for my bowel prep though :(

Actually, I didn't even have to do bowel prep which I thought was weird.