ISPINE.ORG Forum

ISPINE.ORG Forum (http://www.ispine.org/forum/)
-   iSpine (http://www.ispine.org/forum/ispine/)
-   -   Leaving for Florida (http://www.ispine.org/forum/ispine/1260-leaving-florida.html)

Kathy 01-28-2009 02:04 AM

Leaving for Florida

Hey everyone,
I am leaving for Florida at the crack of dawn tomorrow morning to see Dr. Rolando Garcia. I will see him on Thursday, and do all my pre-op then. I pray that there is nothing that will exclude me from this trial. From what I understand of my back information, I should be a perfect canidate. My brother is going with me, so I don't have to be alone for 4 days. He has never flown or been to Florida, so I think we will have a good time. Hopefully, I won't have to be at the dr. on Friday, so him and I can lay on the beach and sip a margarita (me sip, him down ;)) Guess I will just live vicariously through him until I am better. It is ice here; but so far the airlines are not cancelling flights. So long as my crazy driving husband doesn't wreck us on the way there! Anyhow, I will probably be on here some while I am gone and will update you when I know if I am in the trial and when I get a surgery date.
Kathy

Justin 01-28-2009 02:55 AM

Kathy,

Best of luck with the weather and your trip to see Dr. Garcia. I've heard great things about him.

You'll be in the study in no time! :D Keep us posted.

Gil Denis 01-28-2009 02:55 AM

Sunshine State

Hi Kathy

Good wishes in FL I will pray all goes great for you, keep us posted.

Put your sunblock on;)

Take care

Gil:)

phylly 01-28-2009 03:20 AM

Kathy,
i wish you well. I will think positive thoughts and hope that you are in the study!
Phylly

steve55 01-28-2009 07:43 AM

Good luck!

Kathy, hope you pass the presecreening this time. I wonder if you and I might be having similar surgical timelines. Im having my discogram tommorrow, meeting w/ Dr Zig Next tuesday, and as long as Aetna and that nutty psychologist doesnt get in the way, Im hoping to get a 2/16 date that Dr ZIg's scheduler suggested for ADR.

I cant wait for my surgery. No hesitations whatsoever,well, at least so far. LOL. Maybe the day of surgery Ill freak out then.LOL. Im in so much deep penetrating pain at nights that I feel nautious. Ughhhh.

Will look forward to your updates. Thats great you found a reputable doctor!!

runner 01-28-2009 11:36 AM

Kathy,

Great news. I am praying that you have the surgery you need and soon join us on the otherside.
Don't get too tanned while you are there, otherwise, people in icy Dallas might get jealous.

Listen to the docs and don't overdo it. I am sending positive thoughts your way.

Love and prayers,

runner

mmglobal 01-28-2009 12:25 PM

Tell Dr. Garcia I said Hi.... have a mojito for me!

Maria 01-28-2009 02:36 PM

good luck

Wishing you the best re candidacy for this trial and all that might happen afterwards.

I just returned from Fla. a week ago and my father reports beautiful weather outside of Tampa (Superbowl is there this coming weekend). Dr.Garcia is in Miami if I remember correctly or ???

Enjoy the beach and that Margarita! Travel safe now;)

Cindylou 01-28-2009 03:05 PM

Kathy,
I'm glad your brother is able to join you for your time in Florida. An extra set of eyes and ears is always beneficial at appointments. It is amazing how much you can miss, that a loved one can pick up. Or even hear something different and then get your loved one's take on it. So that is excellent. I truly believe you will pass this one with flying colors! Keep us posted and I hope you get your surgery date soon. God bless.

Cindylou

treefrog 01-28-2009 04:44 PM

I hope all goes well for you Kathy. The flight, and the consult with Dr. Garcia. I hope you are able to get into the trial, and have surgery to relieve your pain.

Best of luck to you.

SandyW 01-28-2009 05:07 PM

Be Safe and Good Luck

Kathy,

Hope this finds you in the air and on your way to some Florida sunshine.

Toes and fingers, arms and legs! all crossed - it's your time. :):):)

God bless you and know that you're in our thoughts and prayers.

Very, Very best Wishes!!!

Sandy

ImpOssibleOne 01-28-2009 05:11 PM

Best of luck, Kathy! I'm glad your brother is going with you; it's always good to have someone around.

Since I can't be there I'll hoist a margarita in your honor.:D
You'll make the trial, no sweat! I have a good feeling.

Adrienne

Eastex 01-28-2009 05:18 PM

Kathy,
You are in my prayers and everything will be ok. Give it a little more time and God's plan will all come together for you. I hope you got out of DFW or Love field without ice problems. We don't know how to act in East Texas when it ices or snows! It wasn't bad here in Longview. The meterologists missed the forecast here, like usual. Texas weather is so hard to predict. Be careful and at least enjoy yourself in Florida. You deserve it!

trkdoc714 01-28-2009 09:47 PM

Good luck Kathy.

If you like seafood, try the 15th St Fishery in Ft. Lauderdale.

Travel safe,

Bob