ISPINE.ORG Forum

ISPINE.ORG Forum (http://www.ispine.org/forum/)
-   iSpine (http://www.ispine.org/forum/ispine/)
-   -   Fibrin Sealant (http://www.ispine.org/forum/ispine/1330-fibrin-sealant.html)

Roblin 02-23-2009 04:32 PM

Fibrin Sealant

I had my Fibrin Sealant done at the L3/4 level last Wednesday the 18th and have been taking it pretty easy lying on ice 24/7 but now I am supposed to be walking as much as I can. I have sitting restrictions of no more than 30-35 minutes for now. It is too early to tell but I think it is a good sign that I have only taken one pain pill since the procedure. I am hoping and praying I get long term relief from it. One of the nurses that cared for me in the hospital had it done at several levels last July and is still doing fantastic so that was encouraging as she has a job that can be difficult with spine problems. She told me she is painfree so that was very encouraging. They want me to wear a back brace for 6 weeks mainly to limit my activity. No bending, twisting or lifting anything over 5 pounds for right now. Like I would want to. LOL!
Blessings to all,
Linda

ans 02-23-2009 04:51 PM

My best to you that you heal perfectly re: this exciting modality.

W/Regards ~ Allan

dshobbies 02-23-2009 05:56 PM

Linda,

My fingers are crossed that this works for you. As I've said many times, pain sucks. I hope you get the relief you need.

All my best, Dale

Maria 02-23-2009 07:55 PM

sounds good

I've not heard much about this but it sounds good to me! I hope everything works out GREAT for you and the pain will be alleviated with this procedure!

BTW I'd like to be that nurse you mentioned. I've been retired now since 2000 (as a nurse) re back stuff and had a few surgeries here and there recommended so I guess I'm well past a fibrin sealant stage tho it sounds like something that can really be helpful at a certain stage.

Best wishes for continued progress and pain relief!

Terry Allen Blackburn 02-23-2009 10:40 PM

Linda:

You have gone through hell and back. I so want this to work for you and, will pray an extra amount for you. :D

Hang in there. All good sounding so far. :D

Your friend,

Terry Newton

Justin 02-26-2009 11:50 AM

Great news Linda! Keep us posted.

Cindylou 02-26-2009 12:59 PM

Linda, this procedure appears so promising, I pray this time around you get that much needed, long term relief. Keep icing. Keep posting. We're here for you.

My best,

Cindylou

Kathy 02-27-2009 03:02 AM

Linda,
Crossing everything that this one lasts forever for you! Is your revision on hold or off when you are better from this? Praying for you!
Kathy

Roblin 02-27-2009 03:00 PM

Thanks everyone for all of the encouraging words. As far as the revision, it is just too early to tell. My back is so crooked because of the placement of the ProDiscs that I can't imagine that isn't going to continue to cause me problems. You can tell how crooked it is from a front view in the mirror. If the Fibrin sealant gives me significant relief I will probably not look at revision, at least not now. My disks have been in since 2002 and probably won't come out that easily. I don't know what I am going to do for sure other than pray that this works for a very long time. With God nothing is impossible even if it looks impossible. Thanks again for the sweet words of encouragement. I have been very discouraged. I have been so isolated for going on 3 years now. I am ready to get out and try to be somewhat normal again. As you all know, pain really sucks the life right out of you.
Bless you all,
Linda

Terry Allen Blackburn 02-27-2009 04:50 PM

Hang in there Linda. You've gone through a lot of rough roads and continue to come out swinging. God Bless You. I pray that you are healed sooner than later.

Terry Newton

Roblin 03-14-2009 06:49 PM

update

Hello all,

I got my Fibrin sealant done on the 18th of February so I am now going on 4 weeks. I have not needed any pain medicine for the last 3 weeks which is really good but if I get up and try to do too much I still feel some pain so it hasn't completely left me but it is tolerable. I just thought I better post an update. Because of the placement of my artificial disks in the lumbar area it will be a wait and see if this works and for how long. It sure seems to be working for lots of other people.
Best wishes,
Linda

Firerescuefin 03-14-2009 08:24 PM

Fibrin Sealant

Linda,

I was looking for more info on the procedure that you had done. Can you provide any more info or steer me towards another post. I hope it goes well for you...it seems like something many of use could have used years ago.

Thanks,

Geoff

phylly 03-14-2009 10:11 PM

Linda,
I am so glad that you are almost pain free. Did you need to have a discogram done before the sealant to diagnose what stage you disc was in? This seems like such a promising procedure, i hope that other doctors start doing it. Is it out of trials yet?
Phyllis

Roblin 03-15-2009 12:33 AM

Hi,
No, it is not out of trials yet, but FDA has given Dr. Pauza the go ahead to do some outside of the trial protocol. Mine was done outside the trial. Geoff, Fibrin is a sealant that is injected into a torn disk and it seals or glues it back together and raises the disk height back up to normal. Google Spinal Restoration or Kevin Pauza, M.D. and you will be able to read a little bit more about it.
Best wishes,
Linda

Roblin 03-15-2009 12:35 AM

Phylly,
I forgot to say, yes, I did have to have a discogram done. In addition to the normal discogram I had a FAD (Functional Anesthetic Discogram) done to determine that L3/4 was my problem.
Best wishes on your recovery!
Linda