ISPINE.ORG Forum

ISPINE.ORG Forum (http://www.ispine.org/forum/)
-   iSpine (http://www.ispine.org/forum/ispine/)
-   -   My SI Joint Fusion Surgery is covered!!!!!!!!!!!!! (http://www.ispine.org/forum/ispine/1333-my-si-joint-fusion-surgery-covered.html)

Cindylou 02-24-2009 10:44 PM

My SI Joint Fusion Surgery is covered!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zippity do da!!!!!!!!!!! My SI joint fusion surgery is covered!!!! I couldn't take the torture anymore with waiting, and called Dr. Stark's office late this afternoon. I was truly expecting a "no" since they said they would call me yesterday with the answer, and I hadn't heard anything. So, imagine my surprise when she said she had just gotten off the phone with HealthPartner's and it was a yes. I so needed a yes. Honestly. I have been so down in the dumps, on top of my pain levels, on top of our dear friend's inevitable demise. I just cried, I was so relieved. So, surgery is set for March 9th! Yikes! It is 1 day before the baby is due, altho, Christy is 75% effaced and dilated 1.5 centimeters. So, come on baby!!! :D Let's get this show on the road! :D Thank-you for all the prayers guys.

Cindylou

Eastex 02-24-2009 10:49 PM

That is Great!! I was just reading your previous posts and you posted this new one with the good news. Everything will work out with the baby. Keep on being positive about everything and it will be alright.

dshobbies 02-24-2009 11:01 PM

Too often things don't turn out the way we want them. We wonder what is going on. When they do work out, you just sit back and smile:) or as some women prefer, we cry. Hope all turns out well.

Roblin 02-25-2009 03:54 AM

Great news CindyLou! Best wishes for a successful surgery and a quick recovery. I will be looking forward to hearing how you are doing.
Bless you,
Linda

phylly 02-25-2009 07:25 AM

I am sooooo happy for you. Now you can nest and get ready for your surgery; It is not that far off. I am glad this worked out for you.
Phylly

runner 02-25-2009 11:45 AM

Alright CindyLou,

Hurray for you. Now, you can look forward to getting rid of some of that pain. i told you insurance companies love fusion.
Honestly, you have been through so much I really hope and pray this works out well for you.

Rest up.

Runner

Cindylou 02-25-2009 01:52 PM

Oh, yes, runner, how right you were about insurance loving fusions. Lucky me on this one. I'm now thinking I can either cancel or postpone my hip replacement surgery, and will likely call Mayo sometime later today and do that. I meet with Dr. Stark next Wednesday to go over the Cat Scan I just had done of my SI joints, and I'm sure go over surgery expectations. I'm somewhat nervous of my March 9th surgery date, with my daughter-in-law being due March 10th. But I feel like I have to get this show on the road, so I'll be closer to "healed" when I start babysitting her 3 months from now. That was a tough call. I hope the baby comes before my surgery so I can be there, but..........

Thanks everyone for all the support. I do hope and pray this fusion of my SI joints will bring me the much needed relief I so desperately crave.

Cindylou

treefrog 02-25-2009 04:20 PM

Yay! That's great news. I hope the baby comes before your surgery, and that the surgery brings you complete pain relief.

Justin 02-26-2009 11:39 AM

CL, YES!!!!!:D It's now "Baby Time" -- congratulations, as you deserve all of these great things that are finally starting to fall into place.

wilsonrob 02-26-2009 01:18 PM

Fusion

So true about the fusion. The insurance companies will fuse fuse fuse but turn down minimally invasive endoscopic surgery. I am having to go after my insurance compny to try to recover the $$.

Terry Allen Blackburn 02-27-2009 02:33 AM

This is awesome news CindyLou. I sure hope this is the answer to all of the issues you have been going through lately. I am keeping a close eye on your outcome in case I end up where you are going.

This surgery is right around the corner.

Terry Newton