ISPINE.ORG Forum

ISPINE.ORG Forum (http://www.ispine.org/forum/)
-   iSpine (http://www.ispine.org/forum/ispine/)
-   -   I am so ready for this surgery tomorrow (http://www.ispine.org/forum/ispine/1358-i-am-so-ready-surgery-tomorrow.html)

Cindylou 03-08-2009 06:09 PM

I am so ready for this surgery tomorrow

Hi guys,

Even tho I am mentally so ready for this surgery tomorrow morning, I have not packed anything. I'm just being a complete blob sitting on the sofa all morning. Started my bowel prep, so I have been making a few mad dashes to the bathroom. (tmi, I know!)
Mark has invited me and my husband to join him, a few other Bertagnoli multi-level patients (10 discs between us all!) AND my surgeon to all meet for dinner tonight at 6:30 pm. I so want to go, but it's just so hard for me to sit on hard restaurant chairs. I just feel like I'm hanging on by a thread. But, I sure want to meet Mark before surgery, and I'd like my husband to meet my surgeon before surgery. I'm in a quandry. I thought I should perhaps just play it by ear, see how the day plays out. We'll see. What do I need to pack for the hospital anyway, besides a gown, slippers, and a toothbrush? A couple magazines maybe. They have everything there. Am I missing something really obvious here guys? :confused: I could bring my med's, but they always seem to supply all that for you there. I guess I have had so many surgeries now, at least I'm not stressing about that. Just wait. Tomorrow morning when I get there, I'm sure I'll be asking quickly for some anti-anxiety medication! :eek:

See you on the other side.........

Cindylou

dshobbies 03-08-2009 07:11 PM

Good luck Cindylou. The other side awaits!

Dale

chasswen 03-08-2009 07:44 PM

best wishes to you my dear cindy loo. :)
may the force be with you!!!!
your friend
chuck

johnb 03-08-2009 08:51 PM

Good luck Cindy

Good luck Cindy. Your courage and tenacity are an example for us all.

phylly 03-08-2009 10:21 PM

I'll be thinking about you tomorrow.
Phylly

Terry Allen Blackburn 03-09-2009 12:36 AM

Hang in there CindyLou and, may the Force Be With You! :D

Terry Newton

mmglobal 03-09-2009 05:10 AM

I have to tell you that with everything Cindylou has been through this week, surgery tomorrow and the obvious discomfort that she was in as the dinner wore on, she was absolutely amazing. I wish I could be so cool and charming under such circumstances! (or any time for that matter) It was great to finally meet her in person. I had a wonderful afternoon in MN with a dear friend and then the most pleasant evening with these folks...

Front row, left to right, Tim - husband to Sandra (2 ProDisc L 4.5 years) mmglobal (2 Charite's 6.5 years), Michele (3 ProDisc-L w/vertebroplasty 3.5 years), Michele's husband Clinton,

Back row, left to right, Rick - husband to Cindylou (3-level ProDisc, 2 years), Betty (Dr. Stark's office manager), Dr. John Stark

http://globalpatientnetwork.com/misc...lou-dinner.jpg

We had a wonderful dinner. Dr. Stark was blown away by the stories of such severe disablity and excellent recovery from us multi-level ADR patients. Sandra and Michele both have best-ever kind of recoveries after long and difficult histories.

I think everyone should dine with their surgeon the night before surgery!

All the best... Mark

Katie 03-09-2009 12:00 PM

Congratulations on going to the dinner. I know what it feels like to be on that teeter-totter of indecision when faced with choosing between having a good time or even worse pain from sitting ;) I'm sure you are happy that you put up with it to be with such a great crowd!

I'll be thinking of you all day, and waiting for the good news.

Kathy 03-09-2009 01:26 PM

I woke up and said a prayer for you and and your surgeon. Can't wait to hear how you are doing.

Kathy 03-09-2009 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmglobal (Post 7294)
I have to tell you that with everything Cindylou has been through this week, surgery tomorrow and the obvious discomfort that she was in as the dinner wore on, she was absolutely amazing. I wish I could be so cool and charming under such circumstances! (or any time for that matter) It was great to finally meet her in person. I had a wonderful afternoon in MN with a dear friend and then the most pleasant evening with these folks...

Front row, right to left, Tim - husband to Sandra (2 ProDisc L 4.5 years) mmglobal (2 Charite's 6.5 years), Michele (3 ProDisc-L w/vertebroplasty 3.5 years), Michele's husband Clinton,

Back row, right to left, Rick - husband to Cindylou (3-level ProDisc, 2 years), Betty (Dr. Stark's office manager), Dr. John Stark

http://globalpatientnetwork.com/misc...lou-dinner.jpg

We had a wonderful dinner. Dr. Stark was blown away by the stories of such severe disablity and excellent recovery from us multi-level ADR patients. Sandra and Michele both have best-ever kind of recoveries after long and difficult histories.

I think everyone should dine with their surgeon the night before surgery!

All the best... Mark

Question.. Names are from Right to Left? The people in the picture's right to left? So CL is in the dark jacket? I love pictures, so thanks for posting Mark. It's nice to put a face with the name.

EDIT- This has been clarified for me, Cindylou is in the dark jacket with her hubby in the black shirt. The dr is in the light sport jacket and the office manager is in light green.

Thanks Terry for clearing this up for me; I am such a picture person, I LOVE pictures. I always tell people that I am the only person that really wants to see pictures of your kids, grandkids, pets, whatever. I just love looking at them, I could just stare for hours at pictures.

Gil Denis 03-09-2009 02:34 PM

Best Wishes

Hi Cindy Lou
You are on your way to the start of your new life,I pray your recovery is a speedy one.
All the best wishes:)

Gil:)

mmglobal 03-10-2009 09:25 AM

Hey, all is well here. Keep CL in your thoughts and prayers... surgery postponed a day. Sorry... it's been very hectic... tough to find time to post. Do the math on my post times and you'll see. I'll update later when I can.

Mark

PS, Kathy was right... or left...

New-disc 03-10-2009 04:24 PM

Cindy,

My prayers are with you...... please keep us posted.

Todd

treefrog 03-10-2009 08:57 PM

Ooh, yes I hope all is well now. CL, my thoughts are with you, as you are hopefully recovering now.

Maria 03-10-2009 11:48 PM

Great photo

Mark,
thanks for this photo~ I agree it would be really cool if all patients could dine with their surgeon and friends the night before surgery ~ and everyone looks so *normal*!!!! CindyLou looks really relaxed and happy in this photo~ as does everyone!

Very very cool;)