ISPINE.ORG Forum

ISPINE.ORG Forum (http://www.ispine.org/forum/)
-   iSpine (http://www.ispine.org/forum/ispine/)
-   -   Foramenoplasty? (http://www.ispine.org/forum/ispine/1374-foramenoplasty.html)

Gil Denis 03-20-2009 01:12 AM

Foramenoplasty?

Hello

I am thinking about Foramenoplasty at the Bonati Institute in Hudson Florida.

Has any one been their,besides Rob Wilson?

I would like to relive my nerve pain at L5-S1 and hold off on ADR and hope medical advances for spine surgery improve in the future:confused:

I understand this may be very temporary or not the cost is around $10,000:eek: for four levels

They would do more tets MRI, CT scan, Xrays, NVC/EMG test.

What do you think?

Thanks for any information:)

Gil:)

mmglobal 03-20-2009 06:46 AM

Gil, I've had several clients go there... call me tomorrow.

Gil Denis 03-20-2009 03:04 PM

O.K.

Hi Mark

Roger

Thanks Gil:)

Maria 03-20-2009 05:00 PM

I'd love to hear..

What Mark has to say. My father lives in the Clearwater area and I asked around about the Bonati clinic at the time I was thinking surgery. I just decided to shine it on based on what I heard tho perhaps it's different than what I heard at the time. Oh yeah and of course leaving out the biggest factor.. no one would take my out of state WC (CA) medical coverage on my spine (and litagation has long been over/using future medical benefits only which were willing to compensate provider at their rate).

Gil Denis 03-22-2009 05:07 PM

Hi Maria

I have not called Mark yet,I am also curious to what he has to say.

I`ll keep you posted

Thanks

ericsbackhurts 04-15-2009 04:02 AM

Please info on bonati? In florida

IF ANYONE HAS ANY INFO ABOUT THE Bonati INSTITUTE OR THE OTHER FL HOSPITAL PLEASE EMAIL ME. ericjanelle@yahoo.com

Katie 04-15-2009 07:38 AM

I contacted them about my five levels, two in the cervical and three in the lowest lumbar. They gave me a treatment plan that included laser work on the herniated discs and burning off the nerve endings on the facets if necessary.

They gave me a price of ~$22,000 per level. About a week later, they called back, saying they had dropped their price substantially, to about $17,000 per level (or it could have even been $14,000...they caught me at a bad moment).

It was still out of my price league, as I could not get our insurance to cover it since it is not something that is recognized here in Ontario as far as I know.

I've heard good things about them, all second hand though. Sorry I can't help more than that. But price reductions are good! They said they were reducing it because of the poor economy. Gotta love free enterprise ;)

Gil Denis 04-15-2009 02:54 PM

Bonati

Hi Eric

I was just in florida and was schedule to go to Bonati.

They were going to a complete series of test,MRI, CT scan,Xrays, Nerve Study.

I needed four procedures at $ 22.000:eek: each and would only do two in one session and would of had to return in four months for the other two.

I did not go stayed on the beach, not in my budget:eek:

Best wishes

Cindylou 04-15-2009 03:34 PM

What's the deal on them? Are insurance companies thinking what they do is investigative and not proven? Is that why no one is covering them? :confused:

Gil Denis 04-16-2009 01:01 AM

Hi CindyLou

Bonati said they checked my ins BCBS and after my deductuable they would cover 100% and they were not a BCBS provider, Wow that was great news.
When I contacted BCBS they would not cover the procedure because Bonati was not a provider.
What the@#&%:eek:

Life moves on:)

dshobbies 04-16-2009 01:46 AM

Perhaps if BCBS knew anything, anything at all, not even anything to do with medicine, maybe they could figure out their arse from that hole in the wall you must be putting your fist through right about now. Makes my blood boil :mad:

Gil Denis 04-18-2009 02:54 AM

Hi Dale

I just had hand surgery yesterday :p

BCBS is very expensive and when you need it they say NO:eek:

Why even have insurance:confused:

Thanks Gil:)

Kathy 04-18-2009 03:40 AM

Does make you wonder why you have insurance! :mad: It absolutely pisses me off, the way we faithfully pay our premiums, co-pays, deductibles, etc. Do it the right way, just to be treated like dogs. I would feel guilty if I had to refuse a treatment on someone's animal and especially if I knew it could end their suffering. I would feel even worse if I was the cause of someones dog dying. Insurance companies treat people worse than anyone would treat an animal and yet it is legal. We even pay them and get treated this way. It is absolutely insane and should be criminal!

Now, for my dumb question of the day... what exactly is this procedure doing? What is it targeting? How does it work? (in theory at least) How long are the results? Just curious.