ISPINE.ORG Forum

ISPINE.ORG Forum (http://www.ispine.org/forum/)
-   iSpine (http://www.ispine.org/forum/ispine/)
-   -   Tomorrow is the big day (http://www.ispine.org/forum/ispine/1405-tomorrow-big-day.html)

str8shooter5 04-01-2009 03:06 PM

Tomorrow is the big day

just wanted to update everyone, i go in for my ALIF tomorrow i will post as soon as i get home

treefrog 04-01-2009 03:35 PM

Oh, good luck. I hope everything goes well, and that you end up with no pain. I look forward to reading your post-surgery blog, and following your recovery.

mmglobal 04-01-2009 04:06 PM

looking for great news... all the best... keep us posted!

Mark

chasswen 04-01-2009 04:25 PM

may the force be with you and your doctor tomorrow.
chuck

Cindylou 04-01-2009 04:38 PM

Here's to a very successful surgery that eliminates your pain.

Bless you,

Cindylou

dshobbies 04-01-2009 04:42 PM

Here's hoping that pain free days lay ahead. I wish you every luck, Dale

Kathy 04-02-2009 02:29 AM

I'l say a prayer for you and can't wait to see you on the other side!

phylly 04-02-2009 04:03 AM

My best wishes for a very successful surgery.
Phylly

Terry Allen Blackburn 04-02-2009 12:23 PM

Everything should be okay, the rest is in God's hands and, a great surgeon!

Terry Newton

Justin 04-02-2009 12:38 PM

Today is the big day. I know your ALIF will be successful--keep us posted, as we do care.

str8shooter5 04-05-2009 07:03 PM

i have made it to the other side

well its now Sunday, 4 days post op
still very sore and gassy lol i have to say the nurses at the "UNION HOSPITALin LYNN MA.have made my stay there incredible the where so nice even though i know i wasnt all the time lol
well its day 4 and i've been up walking since the second day after
still having difficulties with standing and sitting and laying but once i get there its not so bad i really guess i should have picked a better time to quit smoking to but go for it all anyways thats all for now so to anyone going in for an ALIF i give it the thumbs up so far

Terry Allen Blackburn 04-06-2009 01:07 AM

Actually it's a great time to quit smoking as you will heal better by not re-engaging your addiction. Your body needs to concentrate on healing rather than being re-injured by resuming cigarette usage.

I am glad it sounds like your surgery was a success so far.

Hang in there and lean on us for support as most of us have been where you are at now.

Terry Newton

dshobbies 04-06-2009 01:36 AM

Isn't it great that nothing but healing is before you? All the stress and worry is behind you and it sounds like you're doing fine. :) Keep up the good work and keep us posted.

Sending you good vibes, Dale

Cindylou 04-06-2009 11:40 AM

So good that you are on the other side SS8. As I was reading some of the above responses to you, I stopped in my tracks. How great is it that we/you have this incredible support system? We are so fortunate. I, too, had ALIF last summer, and I found the healing to go rather smoothly. The biggest challenge is the no bending, twisting, etc for a LONG time, to encourage the fusing process. You should feel better and better every day. Did your doctor go in both anterior and posteriorly? My best to you for smooth sailing.

Cindylou

treefrog 04-06-2009 06:20 PM

Congratulations on being on the other side now. I hope your recovery goes smoothly. Take it slow, let your body heal.

Justin 04-06-2009 09:00 PM

Thanks for keeping us posted...it sounds like you are doing well. CL gives very good advice concerning the fusing process. Remember to take things slow and best of luck with quitting smoking. Your body will thank you--the fusion will take much better if you remove the hypoxia (decreased oxygen delivery to tissues) created by smoking.

str8shooter5 04-08-2009 04:16 AM

go to surgerical out comes 4 updates

surgery is done