ISPINE.ORG Forum

ISPINE.ORG Forum (http://www.ispine.org/forum/)
-   iSpine (http://www.ispine.org/forum/ispine/)
-   -   What!!! (http://www.ispine.org/forum/ispine/1432-what.html)

mary.mary 04-10-2009 01:04 AM

What!!!

Hey there,

So, something weird has happened, yet again.......

I am having a problem with my left leg. It feels all heavy and when I am sitting it goes numb and I can't lift my foot off the floor, do you know what I mean? If I try to pull my foot up towards me and leave my heel on the floor I can't do it!!

NOW WHAT?? Any suggestions?? I am a LITTLE freaked out!! It is Easter for God sakes, this has to be a problem free weekend!!

mary.mary 04-10-2009 01:07 AM

What is causing this to happen and what is happening I guess it what I want to know......SORRY for all the questions....

Katie 04-10-2009 03:49 AM

I hope someone else with more experience chimes in, but I would head to the hospital, quickly.

I have had a numb from the waist down feeling, sort of like the anesthetic at the dentist when it is just starting to wear off, but I've always been able to move my legs.

Sorry, but this is really worrying me. Can you at least call the hospital and ask them to check with the NS on call?

Kathy 04-10-2009 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katie (Post 8537)
I hope someone else with more experience chimes in, but I would head to the hospital, quickly.

I have had a numb from the waist down feeling, sort of like the anesthetic at the dentist when it is just starting to wear off, but I've always been able to move my legs.

Sorry, but this is really worrying me. Can you at least call the hospital and ask them to check with the NS on call?

I second Katie. At the bare minimum call your doctors phone number. Most of them have an after hours answering service or nurse who answers and 'screens' symptoms to see if they are serious or not. If they ask you to make this call, then say yes it is an emergency.

Cindylou 04-10-2009 11:52 AM

marymary, you do need to get yourself to a doctor, as the other kind folks have recommended as well. It has the sound of footdrop. Damage to the perineal nerve, perhaps? Again, I am no doc, and could be way off, but you need to be seen. You don't want to risk any permanent damage from this dangerous symptom. Do not take this lightly. Please let us know what you find out. We care.

My best,

Cindylou

Gil Denis 04-10-2009 02:48 PM

Hi Mary

Take the advice of the others, see a doctor

Is your heel numb,side of foot by little toe?

You have some nerve pinch somewhere Please get it checked out.

I waited to long and left me with nerve damage lost my calf muscle took me over a year to be able to stand on my toes.

Keep us posted

Gil:)

dshobbies 04-10-2009 04:01 PM

MAYBE!!!!

It sounds like you might have an emergency situation on your hands. See a doctor as soon as possible because you don't want to risk further or permanant damage. If it turns out not to be serious, you'll still feel better knowing!

Now would be a good time. Tomorrow doesn't sound so good, Dale