Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss RSD/CRPS Anyone? in the Main forums forums; I was wondering if anyone here was diagnosed as having Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy/Chronic Regional Pain Syndrome? My pain mgmt. ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2009, 01:36 AM

Send a message via AIM to Nairek
Question RSD/CRPS Anyone?

I was wondering if anyone here was diagnosed as having Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy/Chronic Regional Pain Syndrome?

My pain mgmt. doc thinks I may be suffering from this since I have been dealing with 1 foot being much warmer than the other since surgery. This symptom seems to get worse when I walk or sit for long periods.

I don't seem to have any of the other symptoms of RSD. I don't see any swelling of the lower extremities, the toe nails seem fine in appearance & growth. Sometimes my legs show a little red blotchy appearance almost as if I was outside in the cold but it's not on my feet so I don't think that's part of the RSD symptoms. The only swelling that I have is in the right hip which I have had since my car accident in 2002 which no one can tell me why I have it. Coincidentally, it is the same side as "warm foot".

I don't have pain in my feet but the warm foot does seem to feel like I've been standing on my feet all day sometimes. I have noticed a return of some difference in skin sensation between the 2 feet though which has me pretty bummed out. And I can't say for certain that there was a definite change in the leg hair when I was shaving them. Maybe a little more hair in the razor from 1 leg to the other.

I know, too much info. Just thought I would throw it out there to see if anyone else is suffering from this. I'm wondering if I have it & if this might be the cause of the "new" pain that I have.

Thanks for your time!

Karin
Disc Bulge C4/C5, Disc Degeneration T11/T12, Bi-Lateral tears L5/S1, Diagnosed w/ Lumbar Disc Derangement w/ Radiculopaphy. Treatment: IDET, Percutaneous Discectomy, SI Joint Injection, Facet Block. All failed. Empire BC/BS Denied Coverage for ADR-lost all of my appeals. MVP also denied coverage.

Anterior/Posterior Fusion L5/S1 -1/20/09
Old 04-16-2009, 02:46 AM

Karin, sorry to hear you are dealing with RSD/CRPS. I will send you a private message, as I don't want to "call this person out" without them posting first on this topic.

Good luck with everything,
Laminotomy L4/L5 (3.7.97--17 years old)
1999 & 2003 MVA (not at fault both times)
Grade V Tears L4/L5 & L5/L6
2-Level ProDisc® L4/L5 & L5/L6* *lumbosacral transitional vertebra (11.15.03--23 years old)
Dr. Rudolf Bertagnoli -- dr-bertagnoli.com
Pain-free for the last 4.5 yrs.
5.14.09 DSS with Dr. B.
I'm here to help. Only checking PMs currently.
Old 04-16-2009, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. J View Post
Karin, sorry to hear you are dealing with RSD/CRPS. I will send you a private message, as I don't want to "call this person out" without them posting first on this topic.

Good luck with everything,
Hi Justin,

I am hoping that the doc is wrong. We're keeping an eye on things just to be on the safe side.

Thank you for the PM!

Karin
Disc Bulge C4/C5, Disc Degeneration T11/T12, Bi-Lateral tears L5/S1, Diagnosed w/ Lumbar Disc Derangement w/ Radiculopaphy. Treatment: IDET, Percutaneous Discectomy, SI Joint Injection, Facet Block. All failed. Empire BC/BS Denied Coverage for ADR-lost all of my appeals. MVP also denied coverage.

Old 04-17-2009, 11:08 PM
Administrator

ChiroGeek's Home Page

Mirissa's story

Alan, the guy I wrote about on my surgery blog had something similar to what Mirissa had... a "chemical sympathectomy"

I've had several clients with RSD, CRPS... not a diagnosis you want to have... but I have seen some of them come out the other side OK.

Mark
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org
Old 04-19-2009, 01:08 AM

Mark,

Thanks for the info! I read that you just had surgery again. EEEEKKK!! I hope that everything is well with you. Please take it easy & give yourself a chance to heal!

Karin