Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss What pre-op tests for ADR and fusion are needed? in the Main forums forums; Hello I am on my way towards ADR or fusion. I have an HMO but will most likely be going ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2009, 09:11 AM

Default What pre-op tests for ADR and fusion are needed?

Hello I am on my way towards ADR or fusion. I have an HMO but will most likely be going outside of my HMO for surgery.

I am now having as many tests that I know of that I will need for surgery. So far I have had my discogram, facet block, and will have a bone density test on Thursday. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what other tests I should have my HMO do as they are paying for all the tests? I will then take all the tests to the surgeon. Thanks

Dancing accident in 96. tried PT, acupuncture, pilates, pain mgmt. nothing worked. Epidurals, facet blocks, caudal blocks, discogram. Opiates for ten years, oral prednisone, toradol inj. & more.

Two level spinal fusion with BMS, cages, hardware. due to bone density problems from chemotherapy, they had to go in front and back. Surgery Nov. 6, 2010. So far no regrets.
Old 05-07-2009, 12:11 AM

Hello

that is a question for Mark

All the best

Gil
L4-L5 Annular fissure with mild central stenosis and moderate facet hypertrophy.
L5-S1DDDDD
L2-L3 Right-sided neural foraminal narrowing at and L3-L4 related to posterolateral hypertrophic spurs and facet hypertrophy.
C3-C4 limited DDD
9 injections Depo. P.T. 13 months 5 dose packs,
Nerve Block Injections.4 ESI S1
L5-S1 foraminotomy 09
L4-L5 Microdiscectomy 09 Reherniate 4-2010
Coflex-L Implants L4 to S1
Old 05-07-2009, 01:39 AM

Send a message via AIM to Nairek

The only other procedure I had to rule anything out was SI Joint injections. I had these because I was EXTREMELY sensitive when the OS & Pain Mgmt. docs pressed on my SI Joints. I even swung around & almost knocked 1 doc out AFTER the injection because it hurt so much.

You should speak to your doctor about this though to see if these injections are even needed in your case. I can tell you first hand that they hurt like a bugger!

Karin
Disc Bulge C4/C5, Disc Degeneration T11/T12, Bi-Lateral tears L5/S1, Diagnosed w/ Lumbar Disc Derangement w/ Radiculopaphy. Treatment: IDET, Percutaneous Discectomy, SI Joint Injection, Facet Block. All failed. Empire BC/BS Denied Coverage for ADR-lost all of my appeals. MVP also denied coverage.

Anterior/Posterior Fusion L5/S1 -1/20/09
Old 05-07-2009, 02:07 AM

Maybe check with Dr. B and ask him what he needs, if that is the route you are taking. That way there is no question about it, and I am so glad that you can get this done ahead of time. They won't do them here for me.

I'll try to chat more tomorrow
All conventional therapy exhausted, including spinal injections, PT, massage, etc.
In appeal with Gov't Insurance for Out-of-country coverage for ADR hybrid surgery of above discs.
Recently discovered that I am severely allergic to all common metals used in surgical hardware except for Titanium.
Old 05-07-2009, 04:19 PM

Yes, I think you need to check with whatever doctor you are going to, and find out what tests they want to see.

46 years old. 12-15 years of intermittent pain, 2 years with constant pain.

DDD, L4-5 and L5-S1, pain confirmed by discogram.
PT, ESI's, Facet injection and block, Acupuncture - all no help.

2-level (Prodisc-L) ADR surgery with Dr. Bertagnoli, May 26, 2009.

Currently taking Opana-ER (tapering off) and oxycodone