ISPINE.ORG Forum

ISPINE.ORG Forum (http://www.ispine.org/forum/)
-   iSpine (http://www.ispine.org/forum/ispine/)
-   -   Weakness in left foot... (http://www.ispine.org/forum/ispine/1486-weakness-left-foot.html)

mary.mary 05-02-2009 04:51 PM

Weakness in left foot...

Well, I was taking Amiah for a walk this morning when all of a sudden I noticed that my left foot felt weird, I guess weak is the word and I wasn't able to wiggle my toes, even now as I am sitting here typing this my left foot feels different then my right......

I am sooooooooooooooooooooo DONE with all this back stuff!! I have had MORE than ENOUGH, TRUST ME!!

Well, thanks for letting me ask yet ANOTHER question!!

Mary

mary.mary 05-02-2009 05:08 PM

OOPS!! I forgot to mention that my toes will also twitch now and then...WEIRD!!

Gil Denis 05-02-2009 05:08 PM

Hi Mary Mary

I understand where your coming from. Being a spiney sucks but we must keep moving forward and try to find a solution for our spine issues.
It is by doing all the research we can and finding the right surgicial solution for our own personal issues:eek:

Is your heel numb or the side of your foot? Can you stand on your toes? Can you walk on your heels? These are some test to see if you are having nerve issues pinching nerve or damage.

Please see some one ASAP to get relief.

All The Best

Gil:)

mary.mary 05-02-2009 06:44 PM

Hmmmmmmmm...

IF I was to say that it feels as though the numbness/tingling/weird sensation I am having is moving up my leg, would that sound ridiculous? I have NO IDEA what is going on now!!

Ugh!! I just need to last until Monday!! I have the apt with the surgeon on that day!!

treefrog 05-02-2009 08:45 PM

Mary, don't panic. I am very sorry you are having some new and disconcerting symptoms.

I always have weird sensations that affect all different parts of my feet, legs and even my hands and arms. I am not sure exactly if they are nerve issues from my spinal discs, or if it is something else. I am seeing a rheumatologist on Monday, and I'm hoping she might have some idea of what is going on.

But I do believe that at least some of it is caused by the nerves in and around the discs. I can have a slight numb feeling in my heels, and then up my calf. I'll have tingling feelings on the soles of my feet, and running up the side of my leg all the way up my thigh.

It is certainly something to talk with the doctor about on Monday. But, nothing to panic about. But do be careful, especially if you are carrying your baby. Though with your back, I hope you limit carrying her as much as possible. But, we wouldn't want you to trip and fall, so just be careful.

I really hope that you get some answers on Monday. And that your doctor can offer you some solutions to your pain problems.

mary.mary 05-03-2009 03:21 AM

Could I just add this one comment....

GO CELTICS GO!!! I am SO HAPPY that my basketball team won!!! PHEW.........what a series!!

Justin 05-03-2009 03:36 PM

Mary, please check your PM box.