Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss VERY important opinion is now in - in the Main forums forums; Hubby had been hoping for only one ADR for my neck I had tried to tell him I was not ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2009, 03:47 PM

Default VERY important opinion is now in -

Hubby had been hoping for only one ADR for my neck I had tried to tell him I was not going to be that lucky. I wish I was less complicated. 2 levels maybe 3 Discogram will rule that 3rd in or out.

Dr. Fenk Mayer just sent this - Your MRI shows significant disc degeneration with secondary pathological kyphosis in c56 and c67.

C45 is only initially affected with a median bulge.

So corresponding to your progressive neck pain Dr. Bertagnoli recommends the following surgical plan:

1) Discography into c45 – to identify whether this should be included in the surgery or not. Discography is in our experience the best test in such borderline segments.
(I agree! I would NEVER do a surgery without one!)
2) ADR into c56 and c67 (or plus c45, if discography supports this).

For your arm symptoms: The resulting stenosis of nerve outlets in c56 and c67 is relevant, and it is to be expected, that a relevant share of your numbness and tingling in your fingers is secondary to this narrowing. Which will be taken care for with ADR. The additional vessel symptoms can also have an indirect origin in here – pain causes muscle spasm, muscle spasm and shortening contributes to compressing arm vessels in the thoracical outlets (TOS).

For me getting good circulation back is a must. I so value their opinion. May God continue to watch over them as so many people lives depend on their work. Posting this in case it is of help to anyone. My MRI report is listed in this thread already under Cervie now was a old Lumbar sufferer- Jill