ISPINE.ORG Forum

ISPINE.ORG Forum (http://www.ispine.org/forum/)
-   iSpine (http://www.ispine.org/forum/ispine/)
-   -   Cervical ADR surgery soon. (http://www.ispine.org/forum/ispine/1677-cervical-adr-surgery-soon.html)

fuzzy 11-08-2009 03:17 AM

Cervical ADR surgery soon.

Finally! This time for good.

Scheduled for 2 level ADR to fix my neck by Dr. Bertagnoli in Bogen Germany on November 26, yup, Thankgiving! I am leaving in 3 days and will stay with family for the time before the surgery and 3 more weeks after that. Is anyone else there at the same time?

mmglobal 11-08-2009 09:17 AM

Wow! Fuzzy... It's a shame that I'll miss you over there. You'll see some other folks that I know. Call me.

Mark

eternaloptimist1 11-08-2009 08:09 PM

Good Luck Fuzzy, I'll be following your progress,

dshobbies 11-08-2009 09:08 PM

Fuzzy,

A great big WOW and congrats. Just for the asking, how much of your beard do they have to cut off:eek:

I wish you every luck and please keep us posted.

Dale

fuzzy 11-09-2009 05:00 AM

I presume I will loose a good part of the neck area. I hope to keep enough to "cover it up" :D

Maria 11-09-2009 10:18 PM

good luck

Fuzzy,
Hope all goes well and you have a safe trip!

mmglobal 11-14-2009 06:29 AM

Hey Fuzzy, I spoke to Dr. Bertagnoli today and asked about the need to shave a ZZ-top beard. (I took him to a ZZ-top concert at the orange county fairgrounds a few years ago.) I was hoping to be able to tell you that he'd leave it all intact. I think you be shaved up to pretty close to your chin. The good news is that I got him thinking about it. I won't be surprised if he comes up with something.

I hope you had a safe flight and are enjoying yourself. Talk to you soon.

Mark

sahuaro 11-14-2009 05:25 PM

Wishing you great success in your surgery!
You will have to post pictures post-op so we can see what you've been covering up!;)

fuzzy 11-14-2009 10:34 PM

I am in Germany a few hours north of Bogen right now.
Thanks Mark fo giving them some time to think how he might be able to accomodate me. Fenk mayer has seen me before (does she recall?).

I habe several Santa gigs in December and will try to meet my obligations but a ZZ gig why not ;-)

Cheryl 11-18-2009 04:43 PM

Good luck, I'll be following your story.

Maria 11-18-2009 05:04 PM

zz top

Love them! Wishing you the best with surgery.. did it happen yet? Hope the beard remains intact as much as possible tho know that's not your main concern:D

take care and best, Maria

fuzzy 11-24-2009 03:39 PM

I am in Bogen now. Scheduled 1 day into the future with full workup in 2 days and surgery in 3. I really hope this will work out and the neurological problems will stop. Right now my hands are numb and my feet are screaming. The only way for relief is to hold my head totally still and rested again something. Really hard to do. Typing is a no no. Will try to keep updating.

Still have my beard :D

New-disc 11-24-2009 04:05 PM

Fuzz,

Best of luck with surgery .... your in my prayers!!!

Todd

dshobbies 11-24-2009 05:38 PM

Fuzzy,

I know you've been around this block before but as you begin to crawl out of your skin during the next couple of days, remember you survived this already and will do it again.

I so hope this provides you all the relief you seek. I'm sending you good vibes from across the ocean.

I've also had this idea to braid your beard as tight as you can (2 or more) and pull up the sides of your head. If pulled tight, they can see exactly how much clean space they'll need vs. saving it. I also suspect this might be the procedure anyway.

After the surgery, unbraid the hair. discarding whatever they cut off or ???? and see if you still like it.

Good luck... Dale

jentop 11-24-2009 08:13 PM

Good luck with your Turkey Day adventure! I was in Straubing in Jan'09 for my 2 level ADR (ProdiscC-not nova)by Dr. B accompanied by family and Mark. It was the best vacation I'd had in years,lol! Ask Mark about my recovery, etc. Enjoy yourself, but give yourself time to rest too. -Jennifer:)

Gil Denis 11-25-2009 12:29 AM

Hi Fuzzy
i wish you all the best ,take it slow and easy post when you can
Gil

ans 11-25-2009 03:22 AM

Best of luck to you Fuzzy! Hope to see some smiling pics of you after a successful surgery (e.g. how fuzzy are you?). Best - Allan

sahuaro 11-25-2009 03:33 AM

Wishing you a successful surgery and hope you find that recovery from cervical ADR is a breeze compared to lumbar!

fuzzy 11-28-2009 11:14 AM

On the other side.

I survived the surgery with Dr. bertagnoly with 2/3rd of beard remaining. 2 Prodics Nova C. Still full of drugs and really dizzy. Light pain now at 1 day post. Another week at the hospital and then we will travel the train to Hannover north of germany for a few more weeks.. Thanks to all of you for all the good vibes. I post some more in the outcomes soon. :confused::eek::D

dshobbies 11-28-2009 02:56 PM

Fuzzy,

How wonderful on both counts. I know the difficulties of the first few days following surgery but also how quickly you begin to feel better following that.

Rest up and only post when you can. You've been around this block before so you know what to do.

Are the deer still on the mountain in the mornings? It's one of my best memories from Bogan.

Stay well, Dale

fuzzy 11-29-2009 07:53 AM

Moving over to outcomes.:D