Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss Foraminal stenosis pain in the Main forums forums; Had an OK doppler to r/o arteries/veins for tibia-area like leg pain that has felt like a ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2009, 01:00 AM

Default Foraminal stenosis pain

Had an OK doppler to r/o arteries/veins for tibia-area like leg pain that has felt like a baseball bat hit my shins - and I'm relatively medicated. Had an inter-formanial epidural at two levels yesterday and I feel major relief. And I have, according to the radiologist, "moderate" stenosis; I'd hate to see what severe is like.

I'm *amazed* at how intense formanal stenosis pain is.

Now am concerned b/c I have extensive DDD and wonder if they can do a foraminotomy only on levels that might be OK re: blown discs pending a discogram (that can lend to this too!). Am open to ideas.

Happy Turkey Day everyone!

ans
Old 11-26-2009, 12:40 PM

Default opinions

ans,
good question and hope you will get some good answers. Please keep us posted!
Old 11-26-2009, 03:02 PM

Default .

I have Severe neuroforaminal stenosis bilaterally at the c5-6 level and I suffer everyday.....

C4-5: Mild disc height loss with central annular fissure. Small broad-based left paracentral disc protrusion. Moderate central canal stenosis-the disc protrusion abuts and mildly flattens the left ventral surface of the spinal canal.

C5-6: Disc desiccation with mild height loss.Diffuse discosteophyte bulge and uncovertebral joint hypertrophy, moderate central canal stenosis- Severe neuroforaminal stenosis bilaterally, right greater than left.