ISPINE.ORG Forum

ISPINE.ORG Forum (http://www.ispine.org/forum/)
-   iSpine (http://www.ispine.org/forum/ispine/)
-   -   Dr bertagnoli (http://www.ispine.org/forum/ispine/1807-dr-bertagnoli.html)

Gil Denis 05-28-2010 12:53 AM

Dr bertagnoli

Hi Spines

I would like to know who has the pleasure to have surgery with Dr Bertagnoli.
What was your experience?
What was your surgery?
Did it work?
How many Levels?
Would you do it again?
How was your travel?
Was it covered? :D
How is your life now better, worse, the same?
Any more information would be great
Thanks
Gil:)

Maria 06-02-2010 06:41 PM

answers?

Gil,
I hope you may have gotten some private mails re your question and/or some answers tho if not maybe by now you've done a search under the Surgeries part of the forum or gone to GPN Artificial Disc Replacement ADR and read about surgeries there with Dr.Bertagnoli.

Good luck, please keep us updated:)

Gil Denis 06-03-2010 03:07 PM

Hi Maria

I have not received any replies, But mt information is on the way, Today I am pain free with no meds? Must be all the rain?

Thanks

Gil :confused:

dshobbies 06-04-2010 03:14 PM

Gil,

Sorry, I've been in Italy-

Dr. B did my surgery 4 1/2 years ago. I consider my surgery a success but during the procedure, the nerve root to my left leg was 'irritated'. To tell you the truth, while I'm positive I was in the right hands and I can't even imagine what would have happened in less experienced hands, I have to wonder, as I deal with this disability if it could have been prevented. It's just something that has stayed in the back of my mind and which I have never put into words before. Perhaps I'm feeling this way because while in Europe, this disability interfered with just about everything but at the same time, I did go and had a great time, something I could not have done without this surgery.

Gotta go- busier than H---. BTW, if given the opportunity for a redo, I'd do it again.

My best to you, Dale

Crystal33 06-09-2010 08:12 AM

Some months ago i stumbled across a website by a USA girl working in Germany who had a back op by Dr B while there. I didn't bookmark the site but it is out there somewhere. Her experience, as she reported, really frightened me. She was a very angry person and had to have the ADR removed in USA.
This Dr is world renowned minimal surgery guy, so they say...
Willkommen im Alpha Spine Center*-*HERNIATED DISC

B13s 06-09-2010 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crystal33 (Post 12439)
Some months ago i stumbled across a website by a USA girl working in Germany who had a back op by Dr B while there. I didn't bookmark the site but it is out there somewhere. Her experience, as she reported, really frightened me. She was a very angry person and had to have the ADR removed in USA.

Her story is also on ispine:
http://www.ispine.org/forum/ispine/5...on-fusion.html
There is also website dedicated to her story - just check profile of Job13

Keano16 06-09-2010 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crystal33 (Post 12439)

Minimally-invasive spine surgery is something completely, completely different.

And yes, Dr. Hoogland is one of the pioneers, leaders and innovators in this field.

Gil Denis 06-09-2010 04:50 PM

Hello

I have seen B13s story and it was shocking:eek:
I am thinking things over and re thinking about MISS to do the least procedures first.
I could have a lot of little surgeries and do O.K. or do one large surgery and hope it works or be @%$#@ up for ever!!

Thanks For your concern

Gil:)

mmglobal 06-09-2010 05:49 PM

We are all on a sliding scale of risk vs. potential benefit. Doing MISS is a no brainer if you are a good candidate and stand a reasonable chance of success. The farther you are down the road of degeneration, failed conservative treatment, failed MISS, etc... the less likely you are to find success with the less invasive, minimally invasive, non-invasive treatments. At some point, it becomes wishful thinking.

While MISS is lower risk than bigger, open procedures, they are not risk free. There is also risk involved in not addressing mechanical issues in a timely manner.

The bottom line is that needing to have this discussion means you are in trouble. We have very few options and they all suck. We are just looking for the option that sucks less.

Mark

Keano16 06-09-2010 07:18 PM

Well said....

Maria 06-09-2010 09:59 PM

re what you're thinking

Gil,
I had a percutaneous surgery on L4 back in '92. Band aide surgery, not open not big scars, supposedly less time to recover, spent in bed and so forth.

First surgery was big/open bilateral discectomy of L5S1 and partial laminectomy.

I did better with first surgery. 2nd failed miserably. Maybe it was because it was newer surgery back then and/or the surgeon sucked out too much disc, whatever...

Now I've waited 4 years since I was last authorized to have surgery. WC here in CA is doing nothing .. no ESIs no surgeries and besides that my endplates and facets are now not in shape for ADR re my OSS.

He even said this last time that I have so many levels of degeneration he wouldn't want to do anything unless he absolutely had to (which I think is the only way thru WC now I could get anything done).

So there's my story with less invasive surgery and waiting. I've done better I must admit with ESIs, drugs and so forth tho I doubt I can withdraw off the drugs and have any semblence of relief and now I guess there isn't much I can do about my spine options or at least here in the good ol' USA unless I plan on paying for whatever surgery recommended.

Funny.. what I was trying to avoid would probaby be my only option now and that's multi level fusion. Not really funny. Crappy spines suck. I believe now there is more than likely an optimal time for the right procedure for the right patient with the right doctor. Even then one must realize there are no guarantees. We have to take the leap of faith so to speak when timing is right. Each person figures that out for his or herself.

raymond 06-10-2010 01:02 AM

Try to find her story on anastasiascott.com Its her site I came across looking for some advice and help myself.

Crystal33 06-10-2010 04:16 AM

It's hard to know the consequences of long term failed conservative treatment. A friend showed me a recent scan of her lumbar spine. She had back pain, but no surgery, for 30 years. L3 & L4 were thin and black and L5/S1 was half naturally fused, her body must have resorbed almost the whole disc over time. She works full time and cleans her house. It amazed me.

Bellesey 06-13-2010 08:46 PM

Dr Bertagnoli

I contacted Dr B's US representative online to inquire of process and ADR adjacent fusion costs. Tim Vicknair, with European Medical Tourist called me within hours
providing basic info.
I was relieved to hear my doctor in Tampa (Dr John Small) knows Dr Bertagnoli and said he was a good surgeon. (My insurance will not cover surgery here in US.) I am seriously considering Dr. B.

I have C5-6 & 6-7 fused (14 yrs) and my Dr Small is recommending I avoid another fusion at C4-5 due to his projection of degeneration rate at C3-4.

Hope this helps.

Has anyone had success with Spinal Canal Stimulator? (Trying to buy time and degree amount of pain meds). Thank you! God Bless...

Job13 07-01-2010 12:46 AM

RIP Freedom of Speech

Gktm300 11-06-2017 05:39 PM

First off how is your nerve irritation doing? And secondly that lady that complained about dr b I was told her story by B if anyone is interested. It's probably true but I can't swear to it cause I heard it second hand.

Gktm300 03-12-2018 12:46 AM

adr sept 2016

was told she did have a bad disc but it was probably not her pain indicator she chose to have surgery and as predicted by dr b it didnt not relieve her pain. also he offered to help her free of charge but he was not a sacrum dr. i heard this directly from the good dr