Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss on decreasing Neurontin dose in the Main forums forums; So after 12 years on Neurontin at 1800mg/day I am decreasing dosage to hopefully make a switch to Lyrica (...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2010, 03:01 PM

Default on decreasing Neurontin dose

So after 12 years on Neurontin at 1800mg/day I am decreasing dosage to hopefully make a switch to Lyrica (if that works as well and will give me clearer thinking).

I'm on day 4 of this process and only for a short time yesterday in the afternoon at PetSmart did I feel my legs get very heavy and burning in the quads (actually it lasted several hours tho heaviness more than burning). I wasn't sure if that was related to a walk I did the prior day that was several miles long amidst my other daily walks. I can usually easily handle 1-3 miles at a time tho.

Also went out last night doing a fair amount of walking and standing around and a bit of dancing~ Artwalk in my city.. there was one really good band last night playing in a small gallery.

This morning I feel so fine so far. I may try knocking this down to 900mg/day before starting Lyrica tho I give 1200mgs/day a few more days.

Monday a.m. ~ only took 900mg of Neurontin yesterday and feel fine today so guess I'll proceed w/this dosage again. I'm now wondering if I've been taking too much Neurontin for too long and that's why I was having the feeling of euphoria combined with slightly more Methadone than I needed. The back pain kicks in pretty intensely when I try to extend next dosage of pain medication as I only take it every 24 hours tho I have no neuropathies as of yet which happily surprises me (or no noticeable ones yet even tho I've not gotten out the door to do anything yet today).

It's now nearly 4:30p.m. on Monday and my 2nd day of 900mg of Neurontin as opposed to 12 years of 1800mg/day. No neuropathies at all but I'm feeling very lightheaded and sort of nauseated. I have to go walk my dog and I don't feel real good about having to do that. I feel "funny" ...

Will see what happens next. Hopefully nothing~

Last edited by Maria; 07-12-2010 at 11:31 PM.