ISPINE.ORG Forum

ISPINE.ORG Forum (http://www.ispine.org/forum/)
-   iSpine (http://www.ispine.org/forum/ispine/)
-   -   Updadte on Cervical Surgery and Lumbar Pain (http://www.ispine.org/forum/ispine/2054-updadte-cervical-surgery-lumbar-pain.html)

jsewell 04-14-2011 05:44 PM

Updadte on Cervical Surgery and Lumbar Pain

Well i am over 3 months out from my huge cervical osteotomy and lots of other work done at the same time down to T5.
I just saw my spine doc on tuesday, he sent me downstairs to get a NEW neck brace. So i got to take the part off that went down to my waist and around. I have a new style better for the warm weather, i hope. I really thought i was getting it off this time. He is so worried about me breaking my neck again!! So one more month before i see him .
My lumbar pain was only helped for about a week by the second set of injections. So he knows i have a crack in L2, i think it happened in my sept surgery so he is going to do a kyphoplasty and remove the screws at L2, but not going to write that one up until i go another month. He said he does not want to compromise my neck at all. He also sent me downstairs in his building for a lumbar MRI then back up to see him again later that same day. That is service let me tell you, no waiting to find out what is going on. so stenosis but he said my lumbar spine looked pretty good otherwise. I lucked out there the rest of my spine was a mess. It is certainly giving me lots of pain whatever is wrong.
I knew the neck surgery was really serious,:eek: but surely thought i would be brace free by now.:rolleyes:

mmglobal 04-15-2011 05:43 AM

You still need a brace, but losing the 'down to the waist' thing sounds great.

Let me know about dog beach day!

Mark

dshobbies 04-15-2011 06:16 PM

Judy,

It sounds like you have a doctor who really cares. One day service and a lot of caution. He's playing is safer which is really what you want when it comes to your back.

Any indication when you can say good-bye to the neck brace forever?

Dale

Maria 04-15-2011 08:53 PM

hmmm

Your doctor sounds great and wise to err on the side of caution vs. otherwise re your cervical area. Hope the pain reduces dramatically sooner than later.

Hooch 04-16-2011 07:54 AM

Hi Judy, hope your getting on ok.

jsewell 04-19-2011 05:25 AM

Thanks everyone for your replies.
Mark i am on for the dog beach. I will probably just bring my little dog with me not sure if i can deal with the 2 at once in my condition.!!

I have no idea when i will be getting this one off. I don't even ask anymore. He usually covers that first. He is an excellent doctor, no matter where i lived if i have any more spine issues i would come to him. He really cares about his patients.
The day of surgery he told me 6 weeks with the brace. That would have been towards the end of february!!!
Then i am thinking why would he give me a new one if i was only going to be in it one month?
judy