ISPINE.ORG Forum

ISPINE.ORG Forum (http://www.ispine.org/forum/)
-   iSpine (http://www.ispine.org/forum/ispine/)
-   -   Huntington Dog Beach get together. Tue June 14th? (http://www.ispine.org/forum/ispine/2094-huntington-dog-beach-get-together-tue-june-14th.html)

mmglobal 06-10-2011 01:08 AM

Huntington Dog Beach get together. Tue June 14th?

I just picked the date out of the air. I'm happy to change if there is someone who really wants to but can't make the 16th. (It may not be effective to change, but I'll try.)

Low tide is the best time... it's 2:20 on that day... so let's meet at 1:30.

Who's ready?

Mark

Maria 06-10-2011 02:01 PM

possibly

Currently I'm in SD county condo hunting so not sure if I'll be back by then or not. Both of my old Persian cats have been sick while I've been here and one was hospitalized for a week and may need further treatment w/her regular Vet in LB so I may or may be back home this coming weekend or early next week. Not really sure.

Lola love dog beach (wherever) so if we're in town we'll be there!

dshobbies 06-10-2011 04:37 PM

Now is just not a giood time to sit in a car for a long time. Sorry -

Dale

jsewell 06-10-2011 06:42 PM

Mark i definitely want to go but can't make it on Tuesday (i volunteer in the late afternoon at my endocrinologists office) Wednesday i am having lumbar injections in the morning , my doc uses general anesthesia so i won't be able to drive.
Thursday the 16th would be perfect for me. Please let me know if you can change it.
thanks
judy and buddy:D

Maria 06-12-2011 02:09 PM

doubtful

I'll be back by then either. Have fun if you guys get together on Thurs! photos pls!

Gil Denis 06-12-2011 04:10 PM

I would love to be there

But I do not have a dog could i bring my cat?

Gil

jsewell 06-12-2011 08:44 PM

Only if your cat loves absoulety loves dogs and swimming!!!!!
judy

Actually the dog i am bringing will not go anywhere near the water.
judy

jsewell 06-13-2011 03:48 PM

Mark if you are still on i can now make it on Tuesday. Let me know , it seems like we will be the only ones possibly.
Judy and Buddy

Maria 06-13-2011 09:10 PM

definately

Not going to make it. Too bad as Lola loves the water/waves. She lived w/stepson's lab for a year and when we'd go to Dog Beach (Ocean Beach) in San Diego she kept up with Layla really well. It was so cute to see her doggie paddling away keeping up with a lab outweighing her by 60 plus pounds!

Oh well, maybe next time!

mmglobal 06-13-2011 10:19 PM

Judy, Tuesday or Thursday are both fine with me. My phone number is on the GPN website... but let's still post here in case someone else can make it.

Thursday 1:30?

Mark

jsewell 06-13-2011 10:55 PM

mark now that both days are fine with me, lets stick to Tuesday, it looks like a better beach day . I do love the sun! so does my Buddy.
See you tomorrow at 1:30
good thing we are doing this tomorrow i will be on crutches as of next Monday.
judy

Tbackpain1 06-15-2011 12:13 AM

soo jealous! Did you have a nice day at the beach? It was rainy and overcast here in NY, and the doggie only got a short walk as I was too pooped to let him romp around too much.

Pics??

Theresa

mmglobal 06-15-2011 03:17 AM

Hi Theresa... yes, Judy and I met this afternoon at the dog beach in Huntington. It was a little grey, but warm and pleasant. It was great to meet her in person. As you remember from Braintalk, I always love these gatherings. We spine patients have so many common experiences that few others can understand.

Judy, thanks so much for making this happen. Let's do it again soon. Perhaps we can let Maria set the date so we can be sure that she can make it. I was so impressed with your description of your wonderful doctor. I wish I could see the expression on his face when you deliver on his request!

Warm and sunny beach vibes going out in all directions.

Mark

PS... next time, let's take some pictures.

jsewell 06-15-2011 04:44 AM

It was great to meet you in person as well Mark. I can meet anytime at the beach, i love being there.
I'll let you know my spine doc's reaction for sure. Thank you for your kindness and generosity.
Hope to see you soon,
judy