ISPINE.ORG Forum

ISPINE.ORG Forum (http://www.ispine.org/forum/)
-   iSpine (http://www.ispine.org/forum/ispine/)
-   -   That (&#@&^ doctor/procedure really screwed me up. (http://www.ispine.org/forum/ispine/2105-doctor-procedure-really-screwed-me-up.html)

mmglobal 06-24-2011 11:07 PM

That (&#@&^ doctor/procedure really screwed me up.

I've been much worse lately and have decided to move forward with some recommended treatments.

Wednesday (2 days ago), I went for my thoracic epidural steroid injection (ESI). Wednesday night and Thursday morning were the worst. I was so flared up. There is no question about the causal relationship.... Wednesday morning, I went for the shot... Wednesday evening and Thursday morning were the worst ever.

The only issue is that I did not have the epidural. There was a missed communication and my doctor was not willing to move forward because I had been taking my mobic and this represents an increased bleeding risk. Studies have proven that this is OK in the lumbar spine, but that does not translate to cervical and thoracic ESI's.

If I had the injection, I would have been saying that it caused the huge flare up. It's hard to look past the close relationship in time, but we need to step back and realize that not everything that follows is related.

When you pick up your car from the mechanic after a tune up and within a few days you have a problem with your brakes, that does not mean that your mechanic sabotaged your brakes.

I hope this helps someone.

Mark

jsewell 06-24-2011 11:49 PM

That is a big WOW Mark. Sorry you did not get to have the injections, maybe you would have felt better or not felt worse?
Has your pain lessened now that it is FRiday?

I remember going for those ESI's in my thoracic spine. I hope your pain is figured out and cured as mine was.
Judy

Maria 06-25-2011 04:23 AM

so..

You were just in bad arse shape! yep! Some people might have called it self induced re anticipatory angst or something like that! Guess you were just having a bad arse flare up! I hope that since you stated Weds and Thurs were the worst that Friday (today) was better.

I was always advised not to take Nsaids prior to the lumbar ESIs which wasn't a prob for me since I haven't been able to take them for years now.

In fact I was advised prior to having eye surgery not take Nsaids for 2 weeks prior and with dental surgery not to take them for same amount of time (was told this at very stages in dental implant process).

You could have blamed not taking your Mobic if you had stopped it but you didn't so you know that wasn't the cause!

yeah.. that dang that doctor/procedure or maybe just your own body for flaring itself up!

cherylstewart67 06-25-2011 12:27 PM

me too

had facet rhizotomy and it didn't help me at all.

fortitudine 06-29-2011 10:50 PM

Hope you're feeling better

Hi Mark,
Just popped in to look around as it's months since I've been here, and saw your post. I hope things have settled down.

Hope

newhere 06-30-2011 10:26 PM

hi mark...we didnt hear us some time...
so nothing from injection??.. that sucks :(
you mentioned before some time u will go again to costovertebral diagnostic?
what's with this?
btw nothing new at my side...still in pain...
greetings from sunny Croatia :)