ISPINE.ORG Forum

ISPINE.ORG Forum (http://www.ispine.org/forum/)
-   iSpine (http://www.ispine.org/forum/ispine/)
-   -   Huntington Dog Beach gathering... Aug, 2011? (http://www.ispine.org/forum/ispine/2122-huntington-dog-beach-gathering-aug-2011-a.html)

mmglobal 07-24-2011 08:34 AM

Huntington Dog Beach gathering... Aug, 2011?

Maria... I'm glad you are still up north in southern Cal with us! Let's get another dog beach date set. We should probably make it a couple weeks out or more in the hopes of getting more participants. I'm wide open.

Last time Judy and I met on a Thursday. In order to move things along more quickly, I'll start with Thursday August 11th.

Any takers??? Another date needed???

Mark

Maria 07-24-2011 06:29 PM

aug 11 I'll be gone

Mark,
I've got to go back to SD for nearly a month prob Thurs of this coming week. The 11th I know for sure I'll be gone as I have a wedding to attend the 13th (E's only co worker in office is going on vacay a few days before and getting married on 13th of Aug and then will be gone 2 weeks afterwards so I'll be in SD helping E out at home plus my animals are there now)!

I'll still be around LB for while it seems.. any takers for Weds this coming week? I have to get my car repaired either tomorrow or Tues. O ring leaking oil on right cylinder block or something ilke this

Or maybe I'll miss the Aug 11th dog beach meet and see you all at one in the following month or towards end of month?

mmglobal 07-24-2011 09:47 PM

Maria, you talking Wednesday the 27th... this Wednesday?

Judy?

We are a small clan... so this is OK with me. Gary?

Maria 07-24-2011 11:59 PM

was thinking

this coming weds if I can get everything done re car and a few other errands. Got give up my vehicle for a day so that sort puts me out of action on other errands before getting out of town tho could try to make Weds this week.

I think actually I'll not be back in town until last week in Aug. Got to check E's schedule as I have to be available to care for my animals at his place while he's the only person in his office during his co worker's honeymoon:)

I don't have Lola right now so I'd be sans Lola this coming week. Taffy would have to adopt me:D

jsewell 07-26-2011 04:18 AM

I've been wanting to go to the beach again, i'm on for this Wednesday.
judy

Maria 07-26-2011 02:00 PM

what time and where?

Would we meet? So far I think I can make this~ again w/o Lola (wahhh)!

jsewell 07-26-2011 06:16 PM

Maria
I do have 2 doggies. I could share. Actually i am only bringing my pal , Buddy. He and Taffy played fine together. I don't think i can handle both at one time until i get stronger . I used to take both together until the weakness in the lets started. Also i stopped taking the 2 of them together anywhere after my fall last July with them.

Last time i met Mark, my phone kept hanging up on him trying to find out where each other were. So i guess we should plan on a spot and time.
judy

mmglobal 07-26-2011 07:24 PM

Wednesday should be OK... I'll either have zoey or Taffy... but not both

I'll leave it to y'all to pick time and meeting place.. I just got back late last night... head still spinning and trying to catch up on messages.

Mark

jbcool35 07-27-2011 01:08 AM

I will go too if that's ok. Don't know what time you have planned but I have to take grandma to the doctor at 3. Thanks, John

jsewell 07-27-2011 02:50 AM

Marie and I were supposed to come up with the time, but i have not heard back from her, the more the merrier. I'd say meet at noon if that gives you enough time to get Grandma to the doctors
judy

jsewell 07-27-2011 04:33 AM

I'm going to say we all meet at noon. Mark might be able to give a better direction as to the exact place.
judy

nomorepain 07-27-2011 05:39 AM

hmmm, dog beach, sounds good

so the 27th is tomorrow, can't make it this week, but i'd like to try for next week as i think i can get off for an afternoon, where is it and what time?
Mark feel free to call me and fill me in!!:eek:

Maria 07-27-2011 03:04 PM

dog beach

Judy, got your message and sent you a pm as soon as I got home yesterday tho I was back out right away going somewhere w/loud music. Real tired when got home so fell right to sleep!

My left ankle tendonitis is acting up this morning so I'm going to see how it goes as I can't walk hardly when this &**##(^I((##!!! stuff happens so have to check this out a bit.

It drives me crazy that my back doesn't limit me much now but my feet do:mad:

re cool and anybody else that would be joining .. like Judy says.. the more the merrier! I hope I can make it (too much walking yesterday).

oh yes.. I just got a new phone and it's a droid with so much stuff on it that I'm still figuring it out. It was charging part of yesterday afternoon and I didn't realize that new messages were going into "saved messages" as my old phone differentiated them. Just figured that out this morning. There's too much stuff on this phone!! Have patience w/me cuz I need a crash course on this phone...

jsewell 07-27-2011 04:32 PM

I know what you mean about your feet limiting you. I went for my first mini trial trail hike yesterday and boy did my new foot complain last night and this morning so come on Maria , we can hobble together to a towel!!
I guess noon is the time. should we say the second parking lot Mark as it has more space? You just may have to roll me down the rocks
judy

mmglobal 07-27-2011 05:25 PM

The dog beach runs from Goldenwest on the east/south side, do Seapoint on the west/north side.

Coming from the north on PCH, after you pass Seapoint, turn into the first parking lot and park. (you'll need to pay at meter for some of the lots. Pay at kiosk and put receipt on your dash for other lots.)

Walk down th ramp on the north / west side (closest to seapoint) and meet at the liftguard tower at the bottom of the ramp at noon. We'll probably park on the sand under the cliffs.

You should all have my cell number... PM me if you don't.

Gary and JBcool... if you want to meet at my house earlier... that is fine.

Mark

mmglobal 07-27-2011 05:51 PM

I may be the guy with the radio transmitter, flying this:

http://globalpatientnetwork.com/misc...-dogbeach3.jpg

http://globalpatientnetwork.com/misc...-dogbeach1.jpg

Maria 07-27-2011 07:16 PM

oops

Sorry guys I was babying my foot lying in bed watching TV and I fell back asleep again until the phone rang! It was Mark! I never sleep during the day or past 7a.m. hardly but w/o Lola and cats it's so quiet here and so overcast I guess I completely dozed off.

I may as well just spend the day resting my foot since I'm this far into it. Sorry folks! Next time!