Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss Pain from herniated disc last 4 months in the Main forums forums; I've had back problems for many years (33 years old) from the lower back and in the worst cases ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2011, 08:45 PM

Default Pain from herniated disc last 4 months

I've had back problems for many years (33 years old) from the lower back and in the worst cases down the leg. The pain came in episodes lasting anywhere from a few days to a few weeks. But since this summer I'm having a lot of pain from the lower back all the way through to the ankle and it has been my longest straight period of time experiencing such pain (4 months). I was seeing a chiro a few years ago and am now seeing a physio but this time around it hasn't helped much.

I got my report last week and it says I have a L5 S1 herniated disk and a few smaller bulges on a few other discs. It says tough that I have no significant spinal stenosis but I've had horrible pain (burning sensation) in my lower back and down the left leg for over 4 months now. I cannot sit for more than 30 minutes. If I try to drive I have a lot of trouble standing back up getting out of the car. Does anyone have any advice ?

Here's my MRI
By mstikes at 2011-10-27
Old 11-24-2011, 08:55 PM

Send a message via MSN to Keano16 Send a message via Skype™ to Keano16

Hello.

I suggest reading http://www.chirogeek.com/002_Rothoer...to-operate.htm

If you have indication for the surgery (herniated disc), conservative therapy has failed and quality of your life is affected, I would advise surgery - in my opinion and based on my research, minimally-invasive surgical approach is superior for problems like herniated disc.

Many of the operated patients have problems because they wait for the surgery too long.

Regards

2005 - 2012: Rich personal experience with spinal disorders and various treatments (surgical, therapeutic, diagnostic)
Co-Founder: Vertebris Internationl Spine Hospital
Founder: Spinoteka - Society for Spine Diseases