Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

iSpine Discuss simple but true in the Main forums forums; we are all here asking for help and ideas. we have all of these tests and mri's ...it seems ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2012, 11:04 PM

Default simple but true

we are all here asking for help and ideas. we have all of these tests and mri's ...it seems most people here are interested in adr. we are all leary of surgery and want to get off the pain meds. wouldn't it just be so much simpler if the insur co and fda got off their asses and just approved the multi level adr so that we can move on? why why why, don't they see it would save money and quality of life for everyone? in stead we sit here afraid of making the next move, flying over seas to seek help, spending money we don't really have. i just want to get better so i can lead a productive life with my husband...we are all hoping for a miracle to come along.
Old 02-14-2012, 04:45 PM

I can only speak from my experience. If a spine is in such a state that it needs that kind of procedure, ADR will probably not give the stability that fusions would.

For multi level problems, I am in favor of single ADR on top of a fusion.

I wonder how many ADR patients are walking around that have "Auto fused" and don't even know it. I was one until I seen an Xray several months later.
Old 02-14-2012, 10:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylstewart67 View Post
we are all here asking for help and ideas. we have all of these tests and mri's ...it seems most people here are interested in adr. we are all leary of surgery and want to get off the pain meds. wouldn't it just be so much simpler if the insur co and fda got off their asses and just approved the multi level adr so that we can move on? why why why, don't they see it would save money and quality of life for everyone? in stead we sit here afraid of making the next move, flying over seas to seek help, spending money we don't really have. i just want to get better so i can lead a productive life with my husband...we are all hoping for a miracle to come along.
Check out this.

GELSCOM - Administration of DiscoGel

It's called discoGel. I still no little about it but it makes more sense than most of the crap they do.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:53 PM

Default adr seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADR seeker View Post
Check out this.

GELSCOM - Administration of DiscoGel

It's called discoGel. I still no little about it but it makes more sense than most of the crap they do.
very interesting. i look forward to reading more. thank you!
Old 02-15-2012, 10:59 PM

Default hum not for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by cp7959 View Post
I can only speak from my experience. If a spine is in such a state that it needs that kind of procedure, ADR will probably not give the stability that fusions would.

For multi level problems, I am in favor of single ADR on top of a fusion.

I wonder how many ADR patients are walking around that have "Auto fused" and don't even know it. I was one until I seen an Xray several months later.
everytime i get a fusion it lead to more ajacent level ddd. if i can't get adr, it's nothing.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylstewart67 View Post
everytime i get a fusion it lead to more ajacent level ddd. if i can't get adr, it's nothing.
I am disgusted that the modern ADRs are not available in North America. I an constantly contacting senators and congressmen about this outrage. Hopefully one of those crooks will suffer with failed surgery and the medical run around.

Advocate.
Old 02-22-2012, 10:42 PM

Default Isn't it sad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADR seeker View Post
I am disgusted that the modern ADRs are not available in North America. I an constantly contacting senators and congressmen about this outrage. Hopefully one of those crooks will suffer with failed surgery and the medical run around.

Advocate.
As a Christian I know that I should not think things like this, but I totally feel the same way! I also think about it for the insurance companies that decide not to cover it! People don't care until it effects them.
Old 02-23-2012, 05:26 PM

Cheryl that is so true that most people do not care until it effects them. They need to be able to walk a mile in another mans shoes.
judy

2007 ACDF 4-7
2008 hip , knee scope, hip replacement
2009 thoracic T-5 thru T-11fusion
2009 VATS T7-8, posterior only T11-12. removal of thoracic hard wear
2010 lung surgery
2010 T2-L2 kyphosis correction
2010 Kyphoplasty T-3, T-4
2011 Cervical osteotomy ,revision C4-T5
2011 Foot surgery
2011 Revision fusion T7 thru L4/laminectomy
2012 Hammertoe correction left foot
2012 Revision fusion T-12 thru L5
2012 Revision fusion L4-L5
Old 02-24-2012, 11:37 PM

Default or crawl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsewell View Post
Cheryl that is so true that most people do not care until it effects them. They need to be able to walk a mile in another mans shoes.
judy
or crawl as it seems i must do sometimes when the pain is so bad!