Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss Radiofrequency Neurotomy in the Main forums forums; after 2 medial branch blocks on my lumbar area, i had this done on Wed. i was sooo scared, but ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2012, 08:38 PM

Default Radiofrequency Neurotomy

after 2 medial branch blocks on my lumbar area, i had this done on Wed. i was sooo scared, but it was not bad. sore for that day, Thurs was not too bad, jsut a warm feeling on the left side where it was done, and a sore leg. today, the center of my lumbar spine is sore.. not so much the left side anymore. how long till if feel total relief? i wonder if it was my sacral area and not my facet joint that is the prob cuz it sure feels sore in the center.
How long does it take for the acheyness to go away?
I have degernative Disc disease as a diagnosis...... but the dr ordered me to phycsical therapy and wrote down my dx as Lumbar spondylosis...is that any diff?
Old 06-30-2012, 06:37 PM
Administrator

Recoveries vary so much from person to person. I know people who knew the procedure was successful just a few hours after the procedure. I also know people who thought the procedure was a mistake because the post-procedure pain was so bad but still had great improvement in the days or weeks to come.

Comply with the doctors recommendations to give yourself the best chance of a positive recovery. Try not to horribleize over the pain you are feeling. In my opinion, we can't truly localize our pain within an inch or two. We cannot be sure that the pain generator is not in the location you percieve the pain.

Please keep us posted. Good luck!

Mark
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org
Old 07-05-2012, 05:15 PM

What does this procedure entail exactly? It doesn't sound pleasant whatever it is
Old 08-13-2012, 09:01 PM

Default 9 weeks later-NO relief.

After 9 weeks of pt 2xs per week after my Radiofrequency-im STILL IN PAIN DARN IT. my pt told me today that i need to go back to the pain dr. that i should have better relieft by now. my left leg has becoming more of a problem everyday. it feels sooo heavy and i have pain downt to the bottom of my calf, into my ankel. MY pt says i will likely need an injection because he can feel inflamation and stiffness around L5 S1. He believes my narrowing of the spine down there is causing the nerve to be inflamed and that sometimes stretching and PT can open up the pathway for the nerve. but not in my case.