ISPINE.ORG Forum

ISPINE.ORG Forum (http://www.ispine.org/forum/)
-   iSpine (http://www.ispine.org/forum/ispine/)
-   -   lower right sided pain (http://www.ispine.org/forum/ispine/2357-lower-right-sided-pain.html)

ruby 09-13-2012 01:40 PM

lower right sided pain

Hi I am new here, glad to have found you!
Here is my story in a nutshell -
Four years ago i was skiing, i did not have a fall but slowly over the session developed lower back pain which was not normal for me (I think it may have something to do with a drag lift i was using which was a moving rope you held onto at the side of you), anyway that is where it started. Ever since I have had pain in the lower to mid part of the right side of my spine, it goes into my buttock also. I have periods of days and sometimes weeks when it nearly goes - i say nearly but i can still feel it, then it comes back with a bang and can be murder for ages, a real hot burning pain. I have tried chiros, osteos, physio everything really. I have had an MRI scan that showed nothingexcept a very slight disk bulge on the opposite side. I hada facett joint injection that seemed to make it worse and a sacroilliac injection that did nothing. I do not really know where to turn with it now, it seems strange how it comes and goes for seemingly no reason (believe me if i knoew what triggered it I would not be doing it!!!) all I do know is sitting is really bad news. Any thoughts or advice would be very welcome!!! thanks for reading this

cherylstewart67 09-14-2012 01:48 AM

have you had an mri

i wonder if it's the SI or tailbone. i have heard of people falling and fracturing their tailbone. i don't know what you situtation is, but i would start with an mri if you haven't already. keep us updated....

ruby 09-14-2012 08:55 AM

Thanks for the reply

Yes have had an MRI that showed nothing at all! The SI injection did not help at all, the only relief I can get when it's really bad is to stand with a tennis ball in my back and roll it against my back against the wall (if you see what I mean!)
I have been told it could be a trapped nerve that would require surgery - does anyone have any experiences with trapped neves? Also thought I may try prolotherapy other than that I am not sure what to do - but living in pain like this is no fun as I am sure you all know :mad: any thoughts much appreciated

jsewell 09-15-2012 05:22 PM

Ruby i am sorry you are in pain. The last time i went skiing, it was cross country which i had not done in years and i fell a lot. I seemed fine that day and did not even notice any pain until i left Yosemite and got home. I was already being treated by a spine surgeon and he was about to do a total body scan, it ended up i had 2 fractured ribs from my skiing which caused my side pain. I wish yours was as easy to diagnose. But i also have had bad experience with MRI's as far as diagnosing painful areas and really don't rely on them very much, they are just a piece of the puzzle.
I sure hope your pain is diagnosed soon and i will post if i think of anything else
judy