Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

iSpine Discuss Just got home from RF Ablation (L2-L5) in the Main forums forums; I've never been anywhere near as active as you and probably never even felt as good as you feel ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2013, 01:46 AM

Default hmmmm

I've never been anywhere near as active as you and probably never even felt as good as you feel feeling bad!

Hope you stay as good as you are whatever you're doing for treatment!
Old 05-31-2013, 09:14 PM

We are all just surfers on a bell-shaped curve. Sometimes I go tubular. Sometimes I get a really bad sunburn.

Last week I was on ice, stiff, and listing to starboard.
Last night I did a 16-mile night mountainbike ride.

I had another ablation scheduled for last week but my mandatory driver had to cancel. I haven't rescheduled.
Old 05-31-2013, 09:42 PM

Default re muscle tightness

Have you just tried an injection of 60mg of Toradol? Sometimes the docs make a cocktail and mix it with a bit of steroid material tho I do well just with the Toradol injectable. It's an Nsaid and even tho it's main action is antiinflammatory it acts very well to alleviate muscle spasms for me so maybe it would help with muscle tightness as well?

You were super active tho so if your bod is a bit beat up that makes sense to me Good luck and hope the "tightness" wears off or you get it ablated off or whatever! Maria
Old 06-01-2013, 03:55 AM

I am happy to hear you are still out there able to live life and do the things you want. I think i am going to have one more surgery to get me the best i can be and see what i can do., No more mountain trail running and i miss it dearly. i went into a pool for the first time in a few years today. i used to swim a mile several days a week , today i almost drowned myself!!

Good luck getting a driver for the next ablation.
judy

2007 ACDF 4-7
2008 hip , knee scope, hip replacement
2009 thoracic T-5 thru T-11fusion
2009 VATS T7-8, posterior only T11-12. removal of thoracic hard wear
2010 lung surgery
2010 T2-L2 kyphosis correction
2010 Kyphoplasty T-3, T-4
2011 Cervical osteotomy ,revision C4-T5
2011 Foot surgery
2011 Revision fusion T7 thru L4/laminectomy
2012 Hammertoe correction left foot
2012 Revision fusion T-12 thru L5
2012 Revision fusion L4-L5
Old 06-13-2013, 03:18 PM

I miss the trail running, too. I can do it, I suppose, but I have relegated myself to the mountain bike. Swimming and pedaling motion is usually very good for my back. Makes it loosey-goosey. A much better activity than doing trail maintenance for the Forest Service two weeks ago. My back spazzed out for three days after that.

I did the right-side ablation yesterday morning. Mild soreness treated with a series of icepacks. So far, so good.

Doing a night mountain bike ride today. It will be sweaty-hot in Phoenix tonight.

Left side is scheduled in two weeks. Doc is scheduled off for next week.
Old 06-13-2013, 05:05 PM

Congrats on getting one side done. That is one procedure i have never had . I was in Phoenix once in the summer, it was very hot. I was there for a convention dealing with the blind, which was my field of study. Hot is all i remember.
I am going to keep trying to swim. I can only do strokes that do not involve head movement. (broken neck) I never even tried mountain biking, i loved running so much and never imagined all this back stuff would happen to me.

I hope this ablation holds up well and you have good luck with the other side as well. Keep moving!!
Judy

2007 ACDF 4-7
2010 lung surgery
2011 Foot surgery
Old 07-11-2013, 07:12 PM

I did the left-side two weeks ago (on June 26th).

So far, the process is going more standardly. Last October I got fairl immediate relief. The docs and literature said that the relief would be minimal at first and then increase as the sensory nerves slowly shut down.

So, while not perfect, it is manageable. I wake each morning to a short series on the inversion table to get me unkinked from a night of crooked sleep. Then I go on the Spinalator table (purchased used from a closed chiro office). Stretching and/or a MTBike ride. I use ice nearly every day, held in place by either a single elasto-back brace or the addition of my block-n-tackle back brace when I need things to straighten up.

Mountain biking tonight, as the temps in Phoenix will drop to a chilly 94F as the sun sets.
Old 07-11-2013, 07:18 PM

Default Spinalator?

Never heard of that.. does it align the spine?
Old 07-11-2013, 07:28 PM

I never heard of the spinulator table either. I am so out of sagittal alignment that i am having major surgery in Sept to try to fix it. The surgeon said i am fixable to a certain degree. i am so hoping, it would be so nice to walk relatively straight. I am now so hunched over, in pain and very self conscious about it all.

I am happy you are continuing to be so active, that is what my docs tell me to do. I am now hiking a little bit with a goal of reaching my favorite stream before my next surgery.
Ice is great stuff , even greater in the Phoenix cool days of 94!
judy

2007 ACDF 4-7
2010 lung surgery
2011 Foot surgery
Old 07-12-2013, 04:55 PM

Default spinalator table

Ok I googled it. So please tell what it does for you. I've never been to a chiropractor before although I utilized services of osteopathic doctors before with various manipulations and stretches and some low intensity type of treatment. One older osteopathic doc I saw several times had a table that did some of the work for him instead of him actually doing the lifting of limbs and such.

I could watch the video clips on youtube but I'd rather know what it does for you if you have the time and inclination to explain. Thanks, Maria