ISPINE.ORG Forum

ISPINE.ORG Forum (http://www.ispine.org/forum/)
-   iSpine (http://www.ispine.org/forum/ispine/)
-   -   Degenerative disc & Reversal of the normal cervical lordosis (http://www.ispine.org/forum/ispine/2441-degenerative-disc-reversal-normal-cervical-lordosis.html)

fmohadi 03-23-2013 07:44 PM

Degenerative disc & Reversal of the normal cervical lordosis

My name is Farid, 58 of age living in Metairie, Louisiana. I saw a neurosurgeon in my location and he said that for the time being my case does not necessitate surgery and that I will have to wait for what the future holds for me.

Please read MRI and x-ray reports and advise if my case requires surgery:
MRI results
1.Bilateral neural foraminalstenosis due to diffuse bulge of the annulus fibrosis with associated marginal osteophyte formation; C3-C4, C4-C5, C5-C6 and C6-C7
2.Reversal of the normal cervical lordosis
X-rays results:
Degenerative disk disease at C4-C6. Questionable minimal anterior displacement of C4 over C5 during flexion views
Anterior Spondylosis C4-C6
Degenerative disk disease at C5-C6

Thanks

jsewell 03-24-2013 01:34 AM

Hi Farid,
I am no expert on reading MRI's . One thing i have found in myself is sometimes the MRI would say something is mild and it hurts me like crazy. so because of that i am a little leary of them. They should only be one piece in determining the diagnosis and treatment needed.
You must be in some type of pain to have even come on here but you did not tell how you are feeling. And for how long. A little more info about your self might help those that can interpret MRI's
Welcome
Jucy

fmohadi 03-24-2013 04:57 AM

Degenerative disk disease & Reversal of the normal cervical lordosis

Hi Lucy

Thank you for your reply. I have been feeling mild pain on the neck extremeties and upper back for the last 3 months.

My doctor did not even mention conservative treatment in the discussion I had with him. When I told him I use the laptop almost all day long sitting in the coach. He advised to wear a brace.

My concern is wether to go for as surgery or just use conservative treatment would keep me safe.

Thanks

mmglobal 03-24-2013 07:32 PM

It looks like pretty benign results on the MRI, but I've seen people with horrible results who's conditions don't warrant surgery, and others with mild results who are so severely impaired that surgery is certainly indicated.

Spine surgery should be avoided if possible... you do surgery to get from a pain level of 8 to a 4... you don't do surgery thinking you'll go from a 4 to a 1.

How severely impaired are you?

mark

jsewell 03-24-2013 10:06 PM

Hi Farid,
Mark sure spelled it out for you. I would never do surgery for some mild irritation or pain. Only severe . Sometimes it may make things worse, no way of telling. That is why you avoid spine surgery unless you just can't function anymore.
Oh i had a typo on my name. My name is Judy!
Please let us know if you have any more questions.
Judy

fmohadi 03-25-2013 01:32 PM

I am not impaired. But feel discomfort on the extremeties of my neck and upper back of my right shoulder.

Apologize for mispelling your name Jucy.

Thank you all for your feedback

mmglobal 03-25-2013 07:00 PM

I think we should all call her Jucy from now on!

Fmohadi, I'm very glad to hear that surgery is still optional for you. Be very careful before you leap!

All the best... please keep us posted,

Mark

jsewell 03-27-2013 06:55 PM

I often spell my name jucy and correct it almost all of the time!!! I'll answer to almost anything!!
Judy

fmohadi 03-28-2013 01:51 PM

Degenerative disc & Reversal of the normal cervical lordosis

Thank you Judy. I am amidst the desert now at work. I am looking for some body mechanic exercises for neck and spine to practice until I finish my hitch and get back home to see a physiotherapist for further help.
Can anyone help hel pon that.

Thanking you in advance

Best Rgds

Farid

jsewell 03-29-2013 08:15 PM

Hi Farid,
i am afraid i am no help with this. Good luck and hopefully someone here can help you
judy

hamrs_62 03-30-2013 02:00 PM

I have about the same thing as you describe, but also Spondylosis with retrolisthesis and anterolisthesis on C4 & C5 and multiple bone spurs with Foraminal Stenosis but with head aches and major neck and upper back pain, two of my doctors want to do surgery and one doctor not, I cant carry heavy loads anymore without burning pain in my upper back and neck, this all came about after a fall at work, of coarse age does have its hand in it with ddd,