Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss Spine curves in the Main forums forums; My back pain started in sept 2011. It went from my back to my legs and eventually settled in both ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2013, 03:50 AM

Default Spine curves

My back pain started in sept 2011. It went from my back to my legs and eventually settled in both my feet. I have bulging discs at the L5-S1 and L5-L4 as well as DDD at both levels. I had a microdisketomy in december 2012 on my L5-S1. In this past month my lower back started to hurt pretty bad and my spine shifted which is what I took a picture of today. Some of the pain has gone down in my lower back and my hips have shifted back some to normal. I am going to be seeing some doctors but wondering if anyone knows what this is or it's possible causes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0516.jpg (89.9 KB, 7 views)
Old 09-02-2013, 04:50 PM

It was pointed out to me a good few years before any of my back problems began that I had a slight sideways curvature of the spine (Scoliosis ?) and this was again pointed out to me after my slipped disc 5 years ago. I have been told it is now virtually non existent, and my Pilates teacher loves to tell me how it is all her hard work that has achieved this ....

I wish I had had the foresight to have taken some pictures of it then, it would have been interesting to do a comparison now.

I will see if I can get a picture now
Old 09-02-2013, 06:34 PM

cwb i wake up with this horrible hip pain. I went to my hip doc to see what was going on and he told me it is do to my pelvis shifting. He said my hips have fortunately followed along and stayed in the cups . I had a hip replacement 5 years ago and any pain in the area makes me worry. Although not really this as it is bilateral. I have had 9 spine surgeries and he blamed it on that. I currently still have some scoliosis in my lumbar area as well as kyphosis when it is supposed to be all lordosis down there. I am having surgery on L2 thru L5 next monday and it is supposed to help me stand up straighter as now i have to stand and walk all hunched over as the levels are all collapsing. I am hoping it does something positive for the hip pain, but not sure. I may have to have a very involved spinal reconstruction as another surgeon was suggesting. I hope not, but know it may be in my future. I am afraid to look at my back like you did with that pic. I have been fused from C4 thru L5 .
judy

2007 ACDF 4-7
2008 hip , knee scope, hip replacement
2009 thoracic T-5 thru T-11fusion
2009 VATS T7-8, posterior only T11-12. removal of thoracic hard wear
2010 lung surgery
2010 T2-L2 kyphosis correction
2010 Kyphoplasty T-3, T-4
2011 Cervical osteotomy ,revision C4-T5
2011 Foot surgery
2011 Revision fusion T7 thru L4/laminectomy
2012 Hammertoe correction left foot