ISPINE.ORG Forum

ISPINE.ORG Forum (http://www.ispine.org/forum/)
-   iSpine (http://www.ispine.org/forum/ispine/)
-   -   Upcoming L5 disc replacement with Dr Zeegers (http://www.ispine.org/forum/ispine/2655-upcoming-l5-disc-replacement-dr-zeegers.html)

Karger 06-05-2014 05:46 PM

Upcoming L5 disc replacement with Dr Zeegers

Well I've finally done it! I've booked my L5 disc replacement with Dr Zeegers in Bonn Germany.

Got my estimate, a little bit more then I expected..
Booked my flight.. a little more then i expected aswell :(

Last but not least I need to book my hotel which I am in the process of doing.

I'm going to be pretty broke by the end of this, but hopefully i'll be pain free.

I'm leaving June 28th, Surgery July 2nd, coming home July 12th.

This is my first time going over seas. Any tips anyone has if they been to Germany they can share?

I am nervous as hell..One day I am gun ho, next day I have cold feet and think about the worse possible outcome there is..

I assume that this is normal?

Thanks again for everyone help and answering my questions in the last few months since I've joined this forum.

Any suggestions or advise is greatly appreciated.

Maria 06-05-2014 07:06 PM

upcoming L5 disc replacement

Good for you! I have no recent overseas travel experience though I can say with regard to making your arrangements and the feelings you're having all that is quite normal! A big surgical decision involving some big $ and taking you out of your comfort zone so yeah.. feeling like ya do sounds really normal to me!

Anyway you've made a good sound well thought out decision I think so I'm going to say "good luck and wish you all the best with this upcoming surgery!"

Please keep posting even if just to post about the jitters ;) I'll leave the suggestions to the experienced ADR recipients!

Maria

mmglobal 06-06-2014 12:04 AM

Karger... GOOD LUCK!!! I'm looking forward to hearing great news about your recovery.

Please keep us posted!

Mark

henry4956 06-06-2014 02:58 PM

Karger, You have every reason to be confident that you will have a good outcome.
1) You are only having 1 level done
2) You are relatively young and healthy
3) ActivL is IMO the best lumbar artificial disc
4) Dr Zeegers is a incredibly meticulous surgeon

Who are you going with? My wife can give you lots of info on places to shop,eat etc.

I am 7 weeks post-op (2-level) and doing very well

Karger 06-06-2014 04:22 PM

HI Henry,

Thanks for the positive feed back :) My brother is going to come and be my buddy for the two weeks I am there. If you could give me the info on the places to shop and eat that would be very awesome!

Also, is there anything special I need to know about German Hospitals? E.g bring my own toilet paper etc?

Thanks in advance.

Andrew Karger

Quote:

Originally Posted by henry4956 (Post 18999)
Karger, You have every reason to be confident that you will have a good outcome.
1) You are only having 1 level done
2) You are relatively young and healthy
3) ActivL is IMO the best lumbar artificial disc
4) Dr Zeegers is a incredibly meticulous surgeon

Who are you going with? My wife can give you lots of info on places to shop,eat etc.

I am 7 weeks post-op (2-level) and doing very well

housemd89 06-10-2014 12:38 AM

Good luck. Germany is a great place. Everyone I met there were really nice and spoke good English too. Also pretty cheap for food and drinks (depending on the exchange rate).

Karger 06-16-2014 06:25 PM

So i couldn't afford the most expensive hotels etc. I ended up choosing Hotel Garten. About a 10 min drive from the Beta-Klinik. Anyone ever stay there?