Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

iSpine Discuss Seeking input in the Main forums forums; I am new to this group and am looking for input. I am a 61-year-old guy with DDD ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2015, 04:44 PM

Question Seeking input

I am new to this group and am looking for input. I am a 61-year-old guy with DDD at L4/L5 and L5/S1 who is considering ADR. I have sent my images and data to three providers and received favorable responses. I am considering other providers and performing due diligence on my options. My pain levels are not currently extreme, thanks in part to facet joint injections a few months ago, but the pain is returning and I know that I need to do something structural for the longer term.

Obviously things can go wrong with any surgery or device, but I am interested in maximizing my chance for a positive outcome. I am interested in input about prosthetics, surgeons, etc. that might be useful. Thanks in advance for whatever you can tell me.

The implants which have been mentioned to me as options by the folks I have been in touch with are the Prodisc, M6, and possible the Aktiv.

Last edited by Wally; 03-08-2015 at 05:20 PM. Reason: Incorrect spelling
Old 03-11-2015, 05:53 PM

Default Welcome Wally

Hi Wally
I just wanted to welcome you to the forum. I can't help you with answers to your questions as even though I have DDD and once had authorization for ADR surgery at L4 and L5S1 I did not proceed with the surgery (had two failed discectomies previously).

Mark Mintzer is the creator of this forum and goes by mmglobal so you might want to address a post to him directly and/or check out his information and email him or call him. He's helped so many people with information and I'm sure will be helpful to you!

Good luck! Maria
Old 03-11-2015, 11:55 PM

Problem facets used to be a contraindication for ADR.

2003 L5S1 Charite
1981 L5S1 Discectomy