Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss does your neck feel normal after prodisc-C? in the Main forums forums; For those that have had the courage to go through a cervical prodisc-C replacement - looking a few months past ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2007, 11:40 AM

Default does your neck feel normal after prodisc-C?

For those that have had the courage to go through a cervical prodisc-C replacement - looking a few months past surgery - does your neck feel like a normal neck in the way it moves, sounds etc. afterwards?

really appreciate any replies,

thanks,
Rob

surfing injury 2004 - transient paralysis from neck down for 15 seconds, resolved fully - herniated c5/c6 disc plus some bulging at c3/4/5. Initially had dermatome pain after injury which resolved - general parasthesia in arms/legs was fairly mild after injury but has been worsening.
Old 03-31-2007, 04:45 PM
Administrator

Rob, I sent you a link to a patient story (not public yet) about a patient with an excellent recovery. As I said in the email, I've seen the flip side too, but for the most part, recoveries from the smaller surgeries tend to go well.

I've not heard reports about creaking or grinding... funny feelings may be more common, especially if disc height and spinal mechanics are substantiall changes. Then, all the musculature and surrounding / supporting structures are being called upon to support you in a different configuration... may take some getting used to. (Jenni-4 was so much taller after her 4-level surgery that her old neck brace was all loose and floppy.)

Best of luck... I hope to hear great news!

Mark
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org