ISPINE.ORG Forum

ISPINE.ORG Forum (http://www.ispine.org/forum/)
-   iSpine (http://www.ispine.org/forum/ispine/)
-   -   Has Anyone Heard From Blairsara? (http://www.ispine.org/forum/ispine/427-has-anyone-heard-blairsara.html)

Poncho 05-12-2007 05:48 AM

Has Anyone Heard From Blairsara?

I believe that Blairsara had her revision surgery yesturday and wondering if anyone has any feedback on her yet.

It is early, but I would like to hear how everything went thus far.

Blairsara - sending you pain free vibes. I certainly hope that this surgery will take away most if not all of your pain.

Sincerely,
Poncho

Maria 05-12-2007 09:11 PM

re Blair

Haven't heard from her either tho am hoping all went well and she is well medicated and recuping w/her recovery period (and pain control)~

Blair, wishing you the best possible outcome and hope that we will hear from you or a spokesperson for you whenever you feel up to getting the word out re how you're doing!!

Meanwhile, rest, recupe and may all be well w/you!!!

dshobbies 05-12-2007 10:10 PM

I had no doubt that she wouldn't be up to posting anything but was also wondering how she did. What a week with pain, finals and fears.

Blair, if you do happen to read this, my thoughts have been with you. I hope it wasn't toooooooooooooo bad.

Wishing you well, Dale

Blairsara 05-15-2007 10:52 PM

I'm home!!

Hi Everyone!
Well, I am back home from the hospital; I was discharged yesterday. The surgery took 5 hours and according to the doctor it "couldn't have gone any better." I don't remember how long I was in recovery before they brought me to my room.

The first few days absolutely sucked, but the first time I got out of bed was nothing what I had anticipated. I thought there were going to be tears, screams, and lots of noises, but it really was'nt that difficult. I had surgery on Thursday and Friday I was already walking (but only to the door to my room).

They put me on a PCA (the patient pain pump) and I love the person who invented it! :) The first few days I was on the pump and morphine shots then they gradually added in the pills. Each day I walked more and more, and then by the last day I was walking up and down stairs in the physical therapy room. But when I walk I have to use a walker. I don't know how long I'm going to be using the walker, but at some point I'll switch to a cane.

Everyone, thanks so much for asking how I was doing and what was going on. Considering the circumstances, I feel really good. I'm totally pumped about my recovery. As of right now, I don't have the same pain that I had when I went into the surgery. It's gone! Yay!! :D But I do have terrible leg pain (left leg), pain at the incision site on my stomach and the 6 incision sites on my back, which is all to be expected. They upped my mgs for the MS-contin, I would actually like it to be a little bit higher but I'm going in to see my PM soon (my mom's gonna make the appointment so I dont know when I'm seeing him).

Anyways, I just wanted to give everyone an update and let you know I'm doing well under the circumstances. Thanks for being concerned and thinking about me!!!! You guys rock :cool:

Maria 05-16-2007 12:28 AM

re recovery!

Blair,
It's wonderful to hear that the pain you had going in is gone!!! May it stay away 4EVER! And we know the incisional pain will heal up and you'll feel better soon so hopefully the leg pain will resolve soon~

take good care of yourself and let yourself recupe ~ Pace yourself!

mmglobal 05-16-2007 12:56 AM

Yahoo Blair.... I'm so glad to hear that you are OK.

Sounds like you are on track... the leg pain sucks, but that is common after lumbar surgery... may fade very fast... may fade half fast, but it typically fades.

I look forward to talking to you soon. take care, all the best.

Mark

PS, goalkeepers heal faster!

sahuaro 05-16-2007 02:16 AM

How wonderful that the surgery went well and is already showing positive results. On to bigger and better things!;)

dshobbies 05-16-2007 03:10 AM

Blair,

Everything's behind you now and everyday is just going to get better. Congratulations and wishing you and speedy and uncomplicated recovery.

Dale