Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss Before I commit to surgery here... in the Main forums forums; edited as necessary...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2007, 08:57 PM

Default Before I commit to surgery here...

edited as necessary

Last edited by Maria; 05-17-2009 at 08:15 PM.
Old 06-17-2007, 03:56 AM

Maria,
I too still have the vibration thing going on in my feet since surgery. It feels like someone is holding a tuning fork to my feet, top and bottom of them all the way to my toes. As you say not painful but very strange sensation. I have no idea why I still have it if my problem in my back is supposed to be fixed. I am perplexed as to why I am going down hill again. I think my primary MD thinks I am crazy and it's all in my head....OH how I wish it were!
Old 06-17-2007, 12:28 PM

Default re strange or differing sensations postop

Betsy,
After my 2nd discectomy (first one at L5S1/good results) which was at L4 done percutaneously in '92, I had all kinds of odd sensations like water running down my legs, numbness, tingling, feeling like ants were crawling on my legs, usually had just pain in the low back and buttocks. Much burning throughout lower extremities which was the only thing that made it so difficult to deal with except when the numbness made me look first to make sure I was actually moving my leg/foot.

I've never had this vibratory feeling before. It's odd but not unpleasant in the least. I've been having it in my toes for weeks now, off and on but just started in my fingers about 2 weeks ago, again, off and on.

Hopefully it's not a sign of anything for either one of us, altho it is a new symptom for me.

I'm sorry to hear you're not doing well. I hope you're just having a flare up that will resolve soon and progress can continue~
Old 06-17-2007, 02:52 PM

Hi Maria,

You have been through sooo much! I guess if you have questions in your mind regarding your diagnosis and pain generators, then a visit to Dr Baumbach would probably benefit you. That way you know in your heart of hearts that the procedure you will eventually undergo is the most appropriate in your case.

I have to say that before going into surgery, in the back of my mind I kept questioning this and that. This was after a lot of consults with top surgeons.

If you delay having surgery to see Dr Baumbach, will work comp cancel or deny the surgery again like they did the last time? (if my memory serves me right).

TTYL,
Poncho
Old 06-17-2007, 04:50 PM

Maria:
With my c5/6 and c6/7 issues, tingling in my fingers is very much an issue. Carpal tunnel and shoulder issues need to be ruled out but I would trust Dr. Baumbauch to be able to think of more than one possibility at a time (as opposed to some of the docs I've seen here). I am so happy for you that you will be able to consult with him in person!
Barbara
Old 07-16-2007, 09:23 PM

It's sad that we have to have finances as a basis for our health choices. Choosing what is best is not always available.

But you have to remember that Money is Temporal and you only have 1 back. You have to do what is best for your health and hopefully figure out a way to pay for it.

HealthSynergyRx.com