ISPINE.ORG Forum

ISPINE.ORG Forum (http://www.ispine.org/forum/)
-   iSpine (http://www.ispine.org/forum/ispine/)
-   -   Laser Spine Institute (http://www.ispine.org/forum/ispine/476-laser-spine-institute.html)

experimentalflyer 07-13-2007 04:27 PM

Laser Spine Institute

Has anyone ever heard of the the Laser Spine Institute in Tampa. I was just curious if anyone has ever been there for any type of spine procedure. Experimentalflyer:rolleyes:

Maria 07-14-2007 05:34 PM

Tampa Laser Spine Institute

I heard about it thru advertisement when living in Fla but would not have been a candidate for eval as they (and no one else) would accept my out of state WC benefits. I believe someone on backpainsupportgroup has either contacted this facility or considered going there if not actually going there.
You may want to do a search on that forum to see what was posted about it.

Good luck!

wilsonrob 07-14-2007 05:35 PM

Laser Spine Institute

I have had mutiple decompressions surgeries there post ADR. Stenum is where I had the ADR surgery and they did no decompression at all. Laser Spine is for real and I would recommend them.
You are welcome to call me on my cell @ 3302124101.
Thanks

experimentalflyer 07-15-2007 04:22 PM

wilsonrob,
Thanks for the info. I may call you this week.
Experimentalflyer

mmglobal 07-15-2007 06:03 PM

Rob... you might want to send a text message instead of posting your cell #...

Regarding Laser Spine... I've known several people who've been there. You must keep in mind that because of the nature of what I do, only failed patients are seeking my help. Because of this, I know several people who've been to Laser Spine... also to MicroSpine.

Unfortunately, some of the patients I know who believed that they were getting minimally invasive decompression surgery, later discovered that so much of the facet was removed that months later, when the destabilized system became painful and they were seeking further options, they discovered that they were no longer a candidate for disc replacement. Their first... allegedly minimally invasive surgery had been too aggressive and too much collateral damage had been done.

As with all things spine... it's probably not black and white. My guess is that they are very good at dealing with specific situations. If you are having spine surgery, please keep an eye towards the future and don't do something that may have short-term benefit and long term consequences. It's very difficult to sort all this out... do your homework... make informed decisions.

Good luck.... please keep us posted.

Mark

nopain 07-16-2007 08:42 PM

Like any MISS procedure you definitely need to be screened and determined to be a suitable candidate. Unfortunately few really are as there is often so much more to a weakened disk than just the disk material. MISS doesn't lend it'self that well to cleaning up and repairing all the additional damage (bone spurs, ligaments) that occurs to the surrounding area.

And the term LASER sounds nice, but when you use a LASER as a cutting tool you also introduce heat. And that may or may not be a good thing.

Please note I am not suggesting you don't use them, I am merely suggesting you don't get your hopes up as it being the Solution when it might not be.

mfwaldo 07-21-2007 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmglobal (Post 2289)
Rob... you might want to send a text message instead of posting your cell #...

Regarding Laser Spine... I've known several people who've been there. You must keep in mind that because of the nature of what I do, only failed patients are seeking my help. Because of this, I know several people who've been to Laser Spine... also to MicroSpine.

Unfortunately, some of the patients I know who believed that they were getting minimally invasive decompression surgery, later discovered that so much of the facet was removed that months later, when the destabilized system became painful and they were seeking further options, they discovered that they were no longer a candidate for disc replacement. Their first... allegedly minimally invasive surgery had been too aggressive and too much collateral damage had been done.

As with all things spine... it's probably not black and white. My guess is that they are very good at dealing with specific situations. If you are having spine surgery, please keep an eye towards the future and don't do something that may have short-term benefit and long term consequences. It's very difficult to sort all this out... do your homework... make informed decisions.

Good luck.... please keep us posted.

Mark

Mark-have u seen any bad or good results from spinal stenois?

mmglobal 07-21-2007 07:11 AM

mfwaldo... I know only a few patients who've been there. It's tough to ignore the anecdotal evidence. All of the surgeons will have many wonderful successes... including the worst of them. The best surgeons will also have many horrible failures. That is the nature of spine surgery. It's up to the patients to learn as much as they can and make informed decisions. In so many cases, we don't have the tools to learn what we need to know. It's too difficult to get throught the hype and spin. We still have to try.

Good luck... all the best,

Mark

mmglobal 07-21-2007 07:16 AM

mfwaldo... note your username now... Contact me if you want something different.

Mark

mfwaldo 07-21-2007 07:17 AM

Mark-i'm new to forum is there someplace i can fiure out what the following mean-DISOGRAM_ADR_MAVERICK_MISS??

mfwaldo 07-21-2007 07:18 AM

That's fine. whar and where is alphklinik- Germany?

mmglobal 07-21-2007 04:18 PM

This is going to take a while... you have a lot of reading to do.

discogram is a painful test used to determine if your are experiencing 'discogenic' pain, or pain from the disc itself.

Maverick is a brand of ADR (Artificial Disc Replacement)

MISS is Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery. That is what Laserspine and Microspine specialize in. That is what my wife will have at the AlphaKlinik (Munich, Germany) in about a week.