Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss dascor nucleus replacement in the Main forums forums; well i went yesterday to dr. regan's office for my 6 month follow up from the dascor surgery. horrible ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2007, 03:18 AM

Question dascor nucleus replacement

well i went yesterday to dr. regan's office for my 6 month follow up from the dascor surgery. horrible experience...this is twice now i have driven 3 hours to see him, and had to wait 2 hours in the waiting room, and then get about 10 min with the doctors...and about 2 minutes with regan.
i really didn't get my questions answered.... i got the standard answer.."it just takes time"
so.....is there anyone else that has had this surgery, or knows of some websites with study information?
i still have pain in the right leg...mostly comes about when my back is really inflammed...its alwasy on the right side. the SI joint and pariformous muscle... i thougth after surgery that pain would go away....which it has some, but not totally. but overall, i am much better than i was before surgery... just wish i was out doing all the "normal" things again.
i guess since i am only 6 months out, "it does take time"... anyone have any ideas? or good stretches to do?
i am back to work (as a nurse) but only 8 hour shifts, i can't do my 12 hour shifts anymore...and no lifting over 30 pounds....
but i will say...those MBT shoes have made all the difference... i c an't wear any other shoe, and it really does take a lot of the pain away.
anyhow... just needed to vent a little... but curious if anyone has any more info about this....
thanks!!!!

2005-2006- endured many treatments
that failed: epidurals, shots, PT, swimming, medications

2007- Feb 1st- Dascor Nucleus Replacement
Old 07-29-2007, 11:32 PM

same deal - better than before surgery

I went from 35 to 20 percent on the disability index

waiting to work full time

I am very happy with the procedure

the best stretches for me are the hamstring stretch, and the IT band stretch

for the hams, I lay in a doorway with one leg flat and I raise the other leg to 90 degrees and rest it on the doorjam

for the IT band I lay on my back, cross a leg over so that the ankle is touching the knee and then with my hands I grab the back of the leg or the knee and draw them into the chest

those are my warmup, after is when I try the more difficult stuff
Old 07-30-2007, 04:28 AM

I do the same stretches or shall I say I attempt to do them. I am not sure what hurts worse when I do them , my back or the stretching of places that don't want to be stretched any longer. Dylan if you really get your knees to your chest you have my admiration!
What are MBT shoes???
Old 07-30-2007, 04:25 PM

Red face mbt

mbt shoes are www.swissmasai.com they take the pressure off your joints, back and stuff. since surgery, i can't wear anything else.
they are like 250 bucks, but the good thing is, they last for years, and you can get them resoled for only 50 bucks... so well worth it, especially since it helps with the pain.
they are mimicking walking in sand...that is where the technology came about. when i first wore them, i was sore...they say to wear them a littl e bit a day to get used to them. but i was sore in the muscles that make you stand up straight...but about after a week, i was good, and am loving them since!!!!!

2005-2006- endured many treatments
that failed: epidurals, shots, PT, swimming, medications

2007- Feb 1st- Dascor Nucleus Replacement
Old 07-30-2007, 04:51 PM

Default your results

It's really exciting to hear that you've been able to return to a nursing position even 8 hours and that the surgery made that much of a difference (improvement) plus the shoes. I will be looking at the website you posted for the shoes (thanks). I walk quite well without pain, a few miles at a clip now easily but my feet hurt quite a bit. I have fallen arches (flat feet) and depend on supportive shoes while walking tho have had some foot surgery in May and am still have some swelling with long distance walking so wearing TEVA sandels to walk. Going to have right bunion surgery sooner or later and hammer toes taken care of on this foot as well so probably new good walking shoes are in my future tho am glad to have the info~

Thanks for posting about your recovery, sounds good so far! Maria
Old 08-01-2007, 06:24 PM

actually I much prefer the pain I get from stretching to the pain I get from my back, same goes for exercise and acupuncture. In that regard, it is not painfull at all, it feels good.