Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss Epiduroscopy? in the Main forums forums; LC in UK is talking about epiduroscopy. From BC's policy website : Epiduroscopy, also known as epidural spinal endoscopy or ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2007, 03:46 PM
Administrator

Default Epiduroscopy?

LC in UK is talking about epiduroscopy. From BC's policy website:
Epiduroscopy, also known as epidural spinal endoscopy or epidural myeloscopy, is an endoscopic procedure in which the epidural space is explored for the purpose of diagnosing and treating spinal pain, specifically radicular pain. A steerable or controllable flexible endoscope is used to examine the epidural anatomic structures to find epidural adhesions, fibrosis and scars, and to provide precision directed therapy.
The may also be done in conjunction with RACZ or other procedures. There is a ton of info available online... much of it looks like sales info from pain clinics offering this procedure. Google Search results here

It will be interesting to see how the discussion goes... I'll see if I can get some of the docs to comment.

Mark
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org
Old 07-13-2007, 05:13 PM

Yes, does sound like the procedure I'm having but never heard that terminology.
We get scant information on this to relay back but I'm known for asking questions so I'll see what else I can contribute to the discussion afterwards if it's any help.
Wish they'd thread this thing all the way to the top of my spine but doubt it very much!
Old 07-14-2007, 12:16 AM

Do we do this in the US? Sounds like a good idea and may be a better diagnostic tool than anything I have ever had done. Of course the only thing ever offered to me was an MRI and with HMO's it was difficult to get that!
Old 07-14-2007, 12:52 AM
Administrator

The literature I found on it was from the 1990's. I discussed this as a possiblity for me back in 2001... but that discussion was not with a surgeon. In all my travels with hundreds of clients and dozens of doctors, we've not talked about epiduroscopy. That does not mean that it's not a useful tool. I'm hoping to discover that in cases of unexplained nerve pain that they can go and potentially find places where there are tissues adhered to the nerves and free them up.

More later...
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org
Old 07-14-2007, 05:26 PM

Default Epiduroscopy

edited as necessary

Last edited by Maria; 05-17-2009 at 08:06 PM.
Old 07-24-2007, 06:23 AM

Had spinal probe yesterday (epiduroscopy) and no opportunity to discuss this with any medics. Theatre lists were all at sixes and sevens for some reason. Procedure was followed by neck X-ray after I was returned to the ward and told to expect a follow-up appointment for 2 weeks time. This will arrive in the post!
This is what happened for the spinal probe......a very abrupt young registrar put the consent form on the anaethetic trolley for me to sign and was in no mood to discuss anything with me at all. Shameful.
Think the two anaesthetists were embarrassed at his attitude.
Fortunately my consultant did the procedure, he did give me a big smile when I was wheeled in to the theatre and I remember positioning myself on the bridge shaped support before my sedation was topped up.
All I recall was being asked about sensation and I know I replied "painful" twice.
So I'll have to wait a couple of weeks or so before I get to see the consultant again for the results of probe and X-ray.
Sorry I can't be more helpful than that!
Intend taking things easy today, bit sore from the procedure but hopefully the medication they've put in will ease whatever's going on in there!
Bye for now
Lynette