Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss Please Help! in the Main forums forums; I received a copy of an MRI report today. I took the MRI on Monday 10/15. A pain mgmt ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-19-2007, 09:06 PM

Question Please Help!

I received a copy of an MRI report today. I took the MRI on Monday 10/15. A pain mgmt spec. I was seeing for Prolotherapy recommended I get an MRI to see if I had any disk damage. In the mean time my insurance co. has decided they are not paying for the Prolotherapy after they said they would and now the doc. won't see me anymore until the mess with the Prolotherapy is straightened out. Long story short I have no one to decipher the MRI report. Here is what was stated

Findings:
The cervical vertebral bodies are in satisfactory alignment. The cervical spinal cord is in intact. At C3-4 uncinate degeneration produces mild right sided foraminal compromise. The canal is patent. At C4-5 uncinate degeneration produces mild right sided foraminal compromise. The canal is intact. At C5-6 a disc osteophyte complex is seen and leads to mild central canal stenosis. Also at this level, uncinate degeneration produces a moderate degree of left sided foraminal compromise. The remaining cervical interspaces are intact.

Impression:
Multilevel degenerative disc and joint disease as described. Most notable are mild degrees of foraminal compreomise on the right at C3-4 and C4-5, moderate left sided foraminal compromise at C5-6 and mild canal stenosis at C5-6.

I have been suffering for years with intense burning, aching pain in my right neck and shoulder area. I've been told I have myofascial pain syndrome, but none of the usual treatments are working. I'm ready to blow my brains out. I can barley sit at my desk for an 8 hr day much less go home and be a mom and wife. What type of doctor should I go see now based on the MRI?

Thanks
fredsangel