Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

iSpine Discuss Dr. Zigler vs Dr. Park?? in the Main forums forums; Hi Everyone, I am new to this group and I can't tell you how wonderful it was to find ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2007, 11:30 PM

Default Dr. Zigler vs Dr. Park??

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this group and I can't tell you how wonderful it was to find such a wonderful place for resources and support!

I was wondering if anyone is familiar with Dr. Jon Park or any other doctor performing cervical fusions or disc replacements at Stanford University.
Or any experiences having the same performed by Dr. Zigler at the Texas Back Institute?

After being told by 3 spine doctors here in south florida that I am in need of 2level fusion (C5,6 C6,7) I found that both these doctors are doing 2-level disc replacement studies for the Mobi-C made by LDR.

So I am looking for information from people who have had experiences from either of these doctors to help me decide which place to go because I know that so much of the outcome especially the multiple fusion lies in the hands of the doctor performing the surgery.

There is a doctor much closer up in the Orlando area, Dr. Tall, but upon reading up on his backround and credentials, he doesn't seem to be any where close to these other doctors leagues. (Could be wrong!)

This is a bit of a scary process and I admire those of you who have gone through it. It's not fun especially when you are in the hands of doctors you don't know.

Thanks so much for your input and help!
Hope you all have a WONDERFUL rest of the weekend.

LyndieS
Old 12-13-2007, 06:48 PM
Administrator

Jack Zigler was in the lumbar Prodisc trial all the way back to the beginning... He's a very heavy hitter. I have seen him presenting at the conferences all the way back to 2003. I don't know Dr. Park. Sorry I don't have more info. Whatever you decide... best of luck and please keep us posted.

Mark
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org