ISPINE.ORG Forum

ISPINE.ORG Forum (http://www.ispine.org/forum/)
-   iSpine (http://www.ispine.org/forum/ispine/)
-   -   Spiney Reunion (http://www.ispine.org/forum/ispine/743-spiney-reunion.html)

dshobbies 05-16-2008 06:53 PM

Spiney Reunion

Hi All...

For those of you who don't know me, I had a 3 level ADR by Dr. B about 2 1/2 years ago, mostly successful but have severe nerve damage. Still, I got a lot of my life back.

I am hosting a spiney reunion on July 12th and invite those who live in or will be visiting the Los Angeles area at that time.

I live in the northwest San Fernando Valley, about 45 minutes north of LAX (with no traffic conditions, almost never) and 20-25 minutes northwest of Burbank Airport. I'm 118 fwy close which connects to the 405, 5 and 210 freeways. Also not too far from 101. We’re also minutes from the Chatsworth Metrolink/Amtrak station and will be happy to pick up/drop off.

We have a pool, ping pong table and basketball hoop so if you're in the area, please join us for some fun in the sun or shade, hot dogs and stories.

Please let me know if you can make it by email. I'll give you the specifics and look forward to meeting all of you. All food donations welcome!!!!

Hope to see you soon, Dale

Maria 05-16-2008 10:06 PM

sounds like fun!

Hi Dale,
I'd like to attend. Will have to check the train schedule from Long Beach as I think the Blue Line plus some other lines should get me there. Would this be a daytime event?

dshobbies 05-17-2008 03:05 AM

I so look forward to meeting you Maria. Yes, a daytime event. Any line that gets you to Union Station... from there you can take the Ventura line which stops in Chatsworth. If am Amtrak, the San Diegan which goes to Santa Barbara, stops anywhere near you, that might be easier as you don't have to change trains or go all the way to Union Station. Read my pm.

Jim M2 05-17-2008 05:16 PM

Awesome!

Dale,
I've been wanting to see everyone. I can't commit until I figure out details of a trip to visit family back east. If at all possible I'll be down. I always have many friends to visit in the area. I even lived in the NW SFV for 9 yrs!! Score me as a hopeful maybe.

mmglobal 05-19-2008 04:30 AM

Maria... Diane and I should be able to pick you up...

Dale... I'm glad that this is finally going to come together... this will be great!

Talk to you soon.

Mark

letteski 05-19-2008 05:02 AM

We will see

I would love to come unless I'm in China. I will let you know soon.

mmglobal 05-19-2008 01:24 PM

YAHOOO.... China!!!!!! yes, yes, yes... sniff......

Mark

ellecincos1 05-19-2008 06:03 PM

Dale,

Spiney Reunion sounds sooo cool....
It would be great to meet you all!!

Maybe I'll be able to go next year?

Regards,
Myriam

mmglobal 05-22-2008 05:40 AM

Myriam... maybe next year we'll have one in Miami?

Moved thread from support to iSpine.

Mark

nomorepain 05-22-2008 06:00 AM

ooooo another reunion

Dale
count me in, i think i know you from Marks many get togethers be a good chance to see you all again, and i think they ought to be called ReVivals, as i get such a charge from all of the stories as do i am sure so many more of you all!:D
gary

sahuaro 05-22-2008 04:12 PM

Dale:

Sounds wonderful but I won't be able to get back to LA until late August.
It would be great if we could meet then.

Barbara

ellecincos1 05-22-2008 05:31 PM

If alot of people can attend we can make it a weekend convention in Miami Beach! :p

Take care,
Myriam

fuzzy 05-22-2008 06:35 PM

We will have security at this event:) :D

Dale, you mind if I come too? I look dangerous but I am really harmless. I really would like to meet you all but I am flying every week somewhere so I have to try hard to fit into schedule.

dshobbies 05-23-2008 07:02 PM

Fuzzy,

Well you'll have to pass Lucy's inspection. If she allows you, then you're in. Mind you that she's used to beards, maybe not quite as long as yours, and might tend to look for any foods left behind;) .

Other than that, all must pass thru metal detectors... all guns, knives, keys, belt buckles, zippers, filled teeth, false teeth, rings, earrings, body rings, any metal plates, ADRs and misc. things must be left at the door and may be redeemed when leaving unless we decide to keep them!!!!!

Hope to meet you, Dale

sahuaro 05-24-2008 01:29 AM

Dale:
Aha! So you're going to start a black market for all those ADR's you collect?:D

dshobbies 05-24-2008 02:16 AM

Well with the economy in the toilet, I'll take it wherever I can get it. Can anyone blame me for taking advantage of a situation?