Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > Surgical Outcomes and Blogs
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Surgical Outcomes and Blogs Discuss MelodyL Cervical ADR Prodisc C X 3 in the Main forums forums; A canker sore-like pain sounds sharper and more painful than I remember, so keep an eye (so to speak) ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2009, 07:32 PM

A canker sore-like pain sounds sharper and more painful than I remember, so keep an eye (so to speak) on this. It's great that the hoarseness is going away since some people do have lingering problems with this.
I had my surgery in LA. A year later, I no longer have electrical zingers down my arms and have only occasional numbness/tingling in my fingers in a different pattern than pre-surgery. I still have problems with trapezius and shoulder muscles spasming at times, which I treat with massage, heat and if needed, muscle relaxants--but my physical therapist just did a re-eval yesterday and was amazed that my "concrete" upper back and neck felt (gasp!) normal!
That being said, I need to qualify that we all start at different places pre-surgery and it's hard to specifically predict how much you will improve.