Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > Surgical Outcomes and Blogs
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Surgical Outcomes and Blogs Discuss ADR surgery with M6-L failed. Need Help. Sergeev in the Main forums forums; Hello! I'm from Almaty, Republic of Khazakstan. I had DDD at L4/L5 and L5/S1. Two month ago ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2012, 07:58 AM

Default ADR surgery with M6-L failed. Need Help. Sergeev

Hello!
I'm from Almaty, Republic of Khazakstan.
I had DDD at L4/L5 and L5/S1. Two month ago In 7th of june I had the artroplasty surgery. The operation was done by Head of the Department of Neurosurgery chief neurosurgeon Sergeev Sergey in Pirigov Hospital (Russia,Samara city). Implant M6-L was installed at the level L5/S1. Later I found that Dr. Sergeerv done such operation for the first time.

After surgery I felt that my left leg is hot. At the moment it's stays hot, with bulging veins and dried skin on the sole. Sometimes I feel tingling and numbness in the fingers.
Post-op x-ray pictures showed that implant is off-center. Dr. Sergeev said that displacement is insignificant. I insisted on a CT scan. CT pictures showed that there is fragment of the vertebra in the channel. But doctor said that it's just "artifacts" because implant causes interference. After that doctor avoided meeting with me and went on a official journey. 10 days later, I was released and I went back from Russia to Kazakhstan.

Besides "hot foot syndrom", I am concerned about low-grade fever. In the morning there is no temperature, by noon it rises to 37, by evening it rises to 37,2-37,5 degrees. I did not get any antibiotics before the surgery. After surgery I took the second-generation cephalosporins for ten days. I passed a blood test on the fifteenth day: erythrocyte sedimentation rate is 10 mm/h, leukocytes in normal. All of the following blood tests were in normal. C-reactive protein in normal too. Periodically back pain, constant debility.
I'm afraid of infection.
In our city, there are no doctors, who can help me. Operating surgeon doesn't make any recommendations on the survey and not recognize that there is a fragment of the vertebra. He said that surgery was made perfectly. But I don't think so.
The main issue to be whether the inflammation from which the temperature rises, but with normal ESR and CRP and the absence of leukocytosis? And what is the probability that the fragment will decompose and cause osteomyelitis?
Give me advice what to do? Whether to remove fragment of the vertebra?
Can osteoporosis because of this start?
so it seems to me that Dr. Sergeev significantly cut the vertebral body. Please consult with me that, if I need another surgery(revision) and can talk about the elevated temperature of infection.

Here are my MRI & CT pictures Pictures by alex_sibik - Photobucket
Old 08-30-2012, 06:35 PM

Default re your labs

Alex,
Can you see a general practitioner to rule out whether or not your temp elevation could possibly be related to something else going on in your system? This way at least you may be able to be seen generally if not by a spine surgeon and make sure that there is nothing else going on medically.

About the fragment I don't know whether they can be reabsorbed however a good person to address your questions to and/or talk to would be mmglobal (Mark Mintzer) whose website this is.

Hopefully you can get some of your questions answered in some form or another.

Forgot to welcome you to the forum however it's unfortunate the reason you're here. Again wishing you good luck with all and hopefully Mark or someone more knowledgeable here can be helpful (also perhaps Keeno).
Old 01-16-2013, 09:40 AM

hi alex, try visit this site and hope u helped.. Surgery.com - Plastic Surgery Information, Cosmetic Surgeries Costs, Plastic Surgeons Directory, Procedures Risks and Alternatives
see the articles,information,procedure about surgeries.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:59 PM

Default are u

Still there Alex? Haven't heard back from you. I hope you found some help somehow. Please update if you've time. Maria
Old 08-31-2016, 05:09 AM

Default Wow

How r u doing looks like he notched your very pretty bad dude