Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > Surgical Outcomes and Blogs
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Surgical Outcomes and Blogs Discuss C4/5/6 Prodisc Nova, Bertagnoli. Germany in the Main forums forums; I made it through the surgery 2 cervical prodisk Nova by Dr. Bertagnoli on the 27th of November european time ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2009, 08:00 AM

Default C4/5/6 Prodisc Nova, Bertagnoli. Germany

I made it through the surgery 2 cervical prodisk Nova by Dr. Bertagnoli on the 27th of November european time and am now on my second day post op. I had them get rid of the strong meds when I made the move from the "ICU" closely monitored station to the regular ward. My neck is sore and I am on ibuprofen 400 3 times a day and muscle relaxers. (not sure what they are) The ibu's are not quite enough as they wear of quick and then I have to wait for next dose. lying in bed hurts more then sitting or standing up. ...................
Symtoms of cervical myleopathy are better. No tingles but not all gone so far but better. I am sure it will take time.

Just went to xray and it shows some nice pretty pro discs that look perfectly placed.

Together with me is another american and she received 3 prodiscs (wow). her husband is with her every step. Earlier they took her of the strong meds and we walked to xray together!

The Bogen staff is excellent!
Old 11-29-2009, 02:13 PM

Default re your surgery

Great to see you posting Fuzzy with improvements and 2/3 the beard intact to boot! Best wishes for continued progress w/recovery! Don't know who the other American is tho hope she continues to do well too
Old 11-29-2009, 04:12 PM

Great to hear from you and that you are doing well and are still "fuzzy." Now is the time to listen to your body and rest!
Old 11-29-2009, 04:42 PM

Looks like you're going to have a wonderful holiday season. And I agree about the Bogan staff. Hope your healing continues this course.

Dale
Old 11-29-2009, 04:59 PM

I am doing quite good my pain is low and the doctors all say the same: Don't go too fast and keep it slow. I will do my best.

So far the initital recovery is faster then it was with my lumbar surgery 2 years ago. I was a wreck after that one for a week. on the other the healing process is much the same and I will have to listen to doctors orders not to take the brace off too soon. Typing quickly stiffens my neck muscles to a high pain level even with muscle relaxers so I should better stop for now.
Old 11-30-2009, 12:24 AM

Default .

Good to hear your Ok...
C4-5: Mild disc height loss with central annular fissure. Small broad-based left paracentral disc protrusion. Moderate central canal stenosis-the disc protrusion abuts and mildly flattens the left ventral surface of the spinal canal.

C5-6: Disc desiccation with mild height loss.Diffuse discosteophyte bulge and uncovertebral joint hypertrophy, moderate central canal stenosis- Severe neuroforaminal stenosis bilaterally, right greater than left.
Old 11-30-2009, 01:48 PM

Boy time flies. I am cleared to leave the hospital. We will leave tomorrow to stay in Straubing for a few more days. Busy day today including more checks ups, PT, the friendly staff at the Bogen hospital and a walk the long way to downtown for coffee and cake.

My pain is low if I don't try anything I shouldn't be doing and my symptoms of myleopathy have improved. Still there but no more aggrevating symptoms just more of a back ground. I made it through the walk with warm hands and no numbness and tingles. I think Dr. bertagnoli worked on the right discs and I have much hope there will be more improvment as time goes. Now its time to take a shower and wash the remaining beard!

Old 11-30-2009, 06:33 PM

Sounds good to me. And if you're trekking to downtown Bogan for coffee and cake, you'll love Straubing!

I am so happy for you. Keep up the good, albeit- slow - work.

Dale
Old 12-05-2009, 12:47 AM

Hope things are continuing to go well. Just took a look at your film--looks like you've got two characters from Pacman in there!
Old 12-08-2009, 08:55 AM

True re: Pac Man.

Hope you continue to do well fuzzy and let this be your last needed surgery ever.

Is it true you're gonna auction your beard?

My best..
Old 12-09-2009, 07:26 AM

oh boy
I just checked Ebay to see if my wife is auctioning off my beard! She still has the braid and I think she will keep it. It is growing back at a records pace, there already is an itchy half an inch of regrowth. 1 year = 12 inches. I will be good for the next Santa job. The incision is already disappearing.

I am now close to 2 weeks post op. Bandage gone. The pain is primarely muscular, I don't think much is coming from my spine but my neck muscles sure have to readjust. The improvements to my hands are a miracle and my feet have improved but my right foot is stilll full of sensations that come on a little slower once I get up (and speak-shut up!) but responds to rest quicer then before. I have taken the collar off a few times in the house and it feels good. Don't tell the doctors!

NO HEADACHES!!!! and no funny noises in my neck

Last edited by fuzzy; 12-09-2009 at 07:29 AM.
Old 12-09-2009, 03:30 PM

And life is good!

Enjoy your pain free (almost) holidays. 2010 looks bright

Dale