ISPINE.ORG Forum

ISPINE.ORG Forum (http://www.ispine.org/forum/)
-   Surgical Outcomes and Blogs (http://www.ispine.org/forum/surgical-outcomes-blogs/)
-   -   Question for Laser Surgery Patients (http://www.ispine.org/forum/surgical-outcomes-blogs/2324-question-laser-surgery-patients.html)

zoobuzz 07-02-2012 05:02 PM

Question for Laser Surgery Patients

Hi,

I had spinal laser surgery about 3 weeks ago. I was very sore the first few days but then started feeling great about week 2. But week 3 I started feeling some of the pain again.

I'm just wondering about some of your experiences (those of you who've had laser surgery) in terms of how long it took for you to feel 100% (if you did) and if it's a continually improving type of thing. If you had ups and downs.

I'm starting to get down about and just wanted to hear from others. I live in fear that I've done something to mess up what was done.

Thanks,
Zoobuzz

mmglobal 07-03-2012 01:49 AM

Zoobuz, welcome to the forum. I'm sorry that you have backslid... hopefully it is temporary.

Can you be specific about leg pain vs. back pain, location of the pain, before and after the surgery?

all the best,

Mark

zoobuzz 07-03-2012 03:36 AM

Down in my right leg and right lower back. Tingling in my legs. Kind of what I felt after the surgery. Walking helps and lying down. I sometimes go for an hour or two with very little or no pain. It's inflamed.

zoobuzz 07-05-2012 05:57 PM

Has anyone had this procedure?

Rob Wilson 07-05-2012 07:57 PM

Laser Surgery

After I went to LSI, I had some improvement but still had some of the tingling. LSI told me that I had a difficult case and that I would always have some pain. Then I went to Bonati and had the same surgery done over. Afterwards, the pain and tingling went away.

cherylstewart67 08-15-2012 11:15 PM

hum

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Wilson (Post 16993)
After I went to LSI, I had some improvement but still had some of the tingling. LSI told me that I had a difficult case and that I would always have some pain. Then I went to Bonati and had the same surgery done over. Afterwards, the pain and tingling went away.

what did they do differently?

Rob Wilson 08-17-2012 06:12 PM

Dr. Bonati just know what he is doing in completing the decompression (removing any bone, scar, disc, ligament that is choking the nerve). Dr. Bonati basically stated that LSI did not do any decompressoin.

Maria 08-30-2012 06:27 PM

backsliding

Zoobuzz,
what did you have done re the laser surgery? I've not had laser surgery done tho did have worsened probs post my 2nd spine surgery which was a percutaneous discectomy at L4. I well know the feeling of worrying about going back to where I was ~ altho after many years with no further surgery I've been doing better. I think sometimes more surgery is warrented if the right surgeon can take care of the right pain generator(s) and nothing else is compromised.

Good luck and keep us posted